Chapter 18

It was the end of August, most of the Parisians had returned to the office. They were a bit cheerful, too suntanned, after roasting under the sun on the beach for the whole month. They were storing up all the vitamin D to be ready for the depressing gloomy autumn and winter.

I was taking a break outside the building of the office with Marianne, Anne and Olivier, the new intern who just graduated from INSEAD. I was drinking my cappuccino when Anne said, "I saw the photos in Paris Match, I am so sorry, Delphine."

I frowned and asked, "Why are you sorry? What happened?"

"Oh, you didn't know? It was in the magazine. Let me search on the phone, wait!" She looked at me with her big surprising eyes. She frantically pressed all the buttons and showed me the photo on her phone. It was Louis and his new girlfriend Sophie.

"Oh, about that! It was ok, we broke up months ago,"I said it casually.

"Wait. You dated the Creative Director?" The young Olivier said it in disbelief.

"I went out with him a few times, yeah," I shrugged.

"So how was he in bed, really? I figured that he must have a nice body," Anne asked.

I gave a secretive smile and said, "Have you seen those Greek marble male sculptures, the nearly perfect muscular bodies? That was him after taking off his Dior suits. Damn, I should have taken a photo when he was naked, you know, as souvenir," I burst out laughing.

Marianne shook her head and said, "I told you so, now there was no chance of taking it."

"Maybe I can ask him to send me one now, perhaps he will agree?" I joked.

"Oh hello Mr Portier!" Marianne suddenly shouted.

"Haha, Very Funny, Marianne," I said.

"Hello!" A voice said behind my back. I turned away saw that it was Aurélien. Shit. I almost spit out the coffee in my mouth.

"Miss Pelletier, would you come with me to my office now," Aurélien said.

"I am on my break now, maybe after my break?" I answered.

"Now," he said it firmly and walked away from us.

Everyone looked at me with surprise. I shrugged and shook my head. I honestly didn't know what the fuck was that about.

I ran to join Aurélien. (I could never keep pace with his long legs and outran him.) There was another man with him. He gave out his hand for a handshake and said, "I am Benjamin Patin, from the Finance Department."

"I am Delphine Pelletier, from the Corporate Communications Department,"

"Are you joining us for the meeting today too?"

"No, she isn't. Benjamin, will you go to the conference room first, I will be there in five minutes," Aurélien said it coldly.

Aurélien led me to his office, "Close the door behind you, and lock it"

I closed it and turned around. He pinched me on the door, his both hands held my cheeks and he kissed me passionately.

"You are lucky that the walls are thin, otherwise I will take you right here, right now," He was whispering in my ears. Then he nibbled my earlobes. I felt so weak in my legs.

"Aurélien, there are many important people waiting for you in the conference room now, you have three minutes left, don't be late," I winced at him, with my hand brushed lightly against his pants, I could feel that he was hard.