Chapter 17

I had just finished explaining everything to Luna. She showed no surprise, she was just calm. That's what I love about Luna, she never gets angry, never gets anxious. She's always so happy and peaceful. She's my best friend.

"If I had to guess, Draco was being threatened. I know he's a lot of things but he truly loved you, that doesn't just disappear." Luna softly speaks.

"Maybe your right. I knew I shouldn't have slept on Harry's shoulder." I look down feeling ashamed.

Luna smiles and hugs me. "It's okay. You can help what your feeling."

"I know, I just shouldn't feel anything for Harry. It's Draco I want. He's the one I care for." I hug her back, appreciating that she cares.

•••

  I say goodbye to Luna and go meet up with Harry in class. It's been a while since I went to classes. They have hired some new teachers. Apparently from what Luna has said they are pretty harsh. I think they are also deatheaters.

  When I walk into defense against the dark arts, I recognize the teacher. He was at the Malfoy Mansion I think his name is Amycus Carrow. Anyways I keep my head down to avoid contact. I see Harry and go to sit next to him.

  After I sit down Harry leans in and whispers to me. "Nice to have you back in class." He smiles.

  I roll my eyes playfully and smile back.

  "Quiet!" Amycus yells and the room goes silent.

•••

  It's minutes till class is over and I already feel like I'm going to die. I had forgotten how hard this was. But with a teacher who makes it 10 times worse. He just keeps lecturing us about how terrible this school is. It's terrible from a biased perspective, but it doesn't even matter. He's a deatheater what do you expect.

  Finally class ends, Harry and I rush out of that class. Hermione and Ron behind us. For some reason it seems Harry and I are under the most threat, with these deatheaters behing at the school.

  "Madi, did you notice? That teacher was staring at you." Hermione states.

  "Wait what? I wasn't paying attention, I didn't want to attract any unwanted interaction to me." I lower my voice as we pass by students.

  "Yeah, I saw his eyes look directly at you pretty often. What happened in the manor?" She asks quietly.

  "Let's go somewhere a bit quieter than this hall. Follow me." I say and lead them to the bathroom.

  Once we enter the bathroom we sit on the floor and discuss some things.

  As I sit here explaining everything my emotions get the best of me. When I started to talk about Draco, I couldn't keep my eyes from flooding with tears.

  "I'm sorry. It just hurts. It hurts to talk about him." I gasp for air between words.

  Harry leans closer and hugs me. "Your okay. Just let it all out, if you need to cry then cry. I'll always be here for you."

  I grab him tightly and let all the built up emotion come out. I have the urge to turn it off, because it hurts so bad. But I can't, I have to deal with the pain. The pain of losing the one I loved. Turning it off is just a short cut, it's not like it helps when I turn it back on. It will be much worse. I have to keep fighting.

  Even though Harry and I haven't been the best of friends. It feels like the time we first met. When we were happy. I hadn't met Draco, he hadn't messed my life up. Maybe it's for the best, Draco only caused problems.