5. Kenny

Chapter song: Change Ur Mind- Sarcastic Sounds, Claire Rosinkraz & Clinton Kane 

"It's good to have you back," Ty smiled. It was a warm smile that I wasn't used to getting from him. I guess a few years apart and growing up did us some good. 

"I can't tell if I'm glad to be back," I admitted as we walked down the hallway.

"I get that. It was weird coming back for me too. How long do you plan on staying?" It was a casual question. But I was tired of everyone asking. Maybe I was more tired of not having an answer.

"I don't know. At least until the weddings over." 

"Oh, are you doing photos for them too?" He glanced down at me as we neared the lobby.

"Probably some here and there during the reception but they're hiring someone," I shrugged. Not that I minded.

His eyes gazed past me and I didn't turn around to follow them. I knew Liam was here and judging by the way Ty shifted uncomfortably there was a good guess that Cal was with him.

"Thanks again KP, I really appreciate you doing this." Ty's voice was loud enough that it caught whoever was behind us's attention.

"Yeah anytime. Just let me know what time and day work best for the team. And whenever you want me to get some photos here just call me. I'm available whenever," I chuckled lightly giving him a small smile.

I did mean it, that I'd do it anytime. Over the past few years taking photos had become my biggest hobby. I'd take a few photos for a friend anytime.

Before I walked over to Liam who lingered there with Cal, Ty pulled me in for a hug. I was taken aback at first but welcome his warmth. We rarely hugged but maybe he thought I needed it.

"What were you doing with Ty?" Liam asked after I walked up.

"He called me asking that if I had time when I came to town to meet with him. He wanted to see if I could take pictures of the club team he's coaching and of the gym. He said he wanted to update the website and Instagram." I explained quickly before saying hi to Natalie. I hadn't seen her since I got back and I'd been meaning to catch up. "Then I told him that I was in town now and I could meet whenever,"  I shrugged.

"How'd it go?" Cal asked genuinely curious.

"I think it went well. I'll go to the club later this week and get some photos of them practicing before I take the official team photos."

"Oh, that's good."

That's good. It was. I mean what else was there for either of us to say?

"Yeah," I sighed. I looked towards Liam hoping he'd help but he said nothing. What an ass. I turned towards Natalie, "hey wanna come over to Riley's tonight? She wants to FaceTime Hayden and have a wine night."

"Yeah, I'm off in an hour and don't have much homework so I can just meet you there once I'm done here. Unless my boss wants to let me go home early," she gave a pleasing look at Ty. She even batted her eyelashes.

He laughed at her, "not a chance. Nice try though." It was funny, because of how casual he was. It wasn't snarky or cruel like how he was in high school. I was proud of him. In a strange sort of motherly way.

"You're the worst. I quit," she grumbled.

"No you don't," he winked. "Try again tomorrow."

"You know it's my house too right?" Liam asked me.

"Yes but Riley is the one we have plans with," I pointed out.

"Well fine. I didn't want to hang out with you anyways," he said a little hurt. Probably just joking or being dramatic. "You guys wanna come over then beers and video games?"