9. Kenny

Chapter Song: Super Far- Lany

"Did you have fun today?" I smiled wrapping my arms around Riley.

"Mhmm," she hummed closing her eyes against my arms. "Thank you."

"You're welcome."

"How are we gonna fit all of this in my car?" She mumbled.

I knew she was talking about all the gifts she received today. It was A LOT. I didn't know if she'd even use any of this stuff, but it was hers now. Her family definitely loved to show their love through gifts.

"No idea," I snorted. "But we'll find a way. I'm sure Tish or your mom would help too. They haven't been to your house in a while anyway."

She patted the seat next to her and kept staring at me until I finally sat down. She handed me her water and waited until I took a drink. I was on my feet all day making sure everyone was doing well. Thankfully Riley's mom Renee let us host the bridal shower at her house.

My dad had finally started the backyard renovations so that was completely out of the picture for hosting. Not that I minded, Riley's parent's house was beautiful. Home to many of highschool parties.

"Parker! Come join us," Cal yelled at me from Riley's living room. Noelle who sat in Cal's lap just rolled her eyes at her boyfriend who didn't even notice. What did he see in her?

"Kenny!" Mace yelled joining in on the hollering over the music. I didn't know how I even heard them. "Don't be a weenie c'mon."

I shook my head at them hoping they would catch my drift, by hanging out later. By that, I meant I would drive them all home since it was my turn. I didn't mind, I wanted to sleep in my own bed. Instead, I went to go find the girls from my swim team. Before that, I snuck one last glance at Cal who wore a frown in my direction. I gave him a shrug before walking away. Whatever that meant.

"How dare you!" I heard Mason shout at me. "After everything we've been through!"

"The audacity!" Liam joined in.

"The betrayal!" I heard Ty yell. I couldn't help but laugh and shake my head. What idiots. I loved them though.

"Can you believe that Noelle is pregnant with her second child?" Riley gasped slapping my arm.

"Dude I know! I mean good for her but wow," I let out a low breath. I don't know how long I was spacing out, I hope it wasn't too long. I didn't want to make it weird.

Noelle who dated Cal in high school hated me for a time. I mean I didn't know if she still did or not, but I felt that during senior year we had a sort of understanding for each other. A term of surrender if you will.

After high school, I guess she got married and is now having her second child. That's at least what I gathered from social media. She seemed happy, and that's what mattered the most.

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Natalie came and plopped down at the table across from us.

"Noelle and her second baby," I told her.

"Oh my god, I know! It's wild right?" She gasped. "Can you believe we're at that age now? That it's acceptable to actually have children."

"Yeah, and not the whole 'oh shit what are we gonna do' type anymore." I laughed taking another sip of Riley's water.

I was excited for children one day. Maybe. Sometimes I felt like a child myself still.

"You guys."