17. Kennedy

Chapter Song: Dancing in the Moonlight- Toploader

I think the entire wedding party cried throughout the ceremony. Good thing the ceremony was short per the demands of my brother. That was one rule he wanted, a short ceremony so they could have a longer reception. Priorities.

I'm pretty sure most of the guests were crying too. There was something about seeing genuine love and happiness that was entirely captivating. Beautiful.

Last night the wedding party stayed up just to hang out. A few of them were nursing some pretty gnarly hangovers but they seemed to be holding it together pretty well. Or trying their best at least.

We didn't have any more responsibilities besides Cal and I making a speech later on tonight. Thankfully we could all just sit and eat dinner for now. I was starving. Not eating much today and having a few drinks was probably not the best choice. I had to make sure Riley ate something and I guess I forgot.

"Are you going back to London soon," Hayden nudged me as I sipped my drink.

"Yeah, actually uh my flight is next week."

"How long are you staying? Are you staying?" He raised a brow.

"I'm coming back here. I think I'm ready to be back and set down some roots," I admitted. "How long I'll be in London? I don't know. I got accepted to a few courses I applied for before coming here. So," I trailed off.

"Do you like it there?"

I shook my head yes. It was beautiful. As much as I loved living there, something kept pulling me back here. I don't know where I wanted to live but I knew I needed to be here for now.

"I love it, but I love it here more I think. There's just some stuff to wrap up there. Pack my things, tie up some loose ends, say goodbye, you know?"

"I get it," he took a sip of his drink. "So there's no way I can convince you to move with me to Chicago?" He grinned that handsome grin that had anyone within a five mile radius swooning.

"Well, I could be open to it," I grinned back. "I'll definitely have to visit you multiple times before I decide anything."

"Oh of course." He nudged me, "I miss you too much Ken."

"Me too. I'm glad you're here."

"Kenny don't you dare let him convince you to move to Chicago," Mason groaned.

"Why not?" I giggled.

"Because they are famous for deep dish," he shivered. "Imagine the shitty thin crust pizza you'll have to go out of your way to find. And it'll still be garbage."

"I'm sure I'd survive the great thin crust fiasco," I rolled my eyes. "And I said there no promises to moving there."

"Moving where?" Natalie piped up.

"Chicago!" Mason groaned. "KP is gonna move to Chicago."

"No I'm not," I laughed clutching my stomach. "I'm not moving anywhere except back here soon."

"You are?" She gasped. "Does Riley know?"

I shook my head. We had talked about it earlier this week. I don't think I'd move in with them. I'd give them some time to be by themselves as newlyweds. Even though they'd already been living together. My dad and Tish had helped me apartment search. So when I get back I'll stay with them until I get my own.

We finished up our dinner and talked about the flash mob dance we stayed up practicing last night. It had been so hard to keep a secret but somehow we had all been doing a pretty decent job.