Sakusa POV

After that night, Sakusa had hoped that it would be forgotten and not taken as anything special. But of course, things never went that easily with Atsumu.

The next day as Sakusa was watching Atsumu cook and rambling on, he interrupted him, a question that had been bugging him for a while. "So what's up with the accent?"

Atsumu gave a curious look. "Why? Somethin wrong with it?"

No actually, I kind of like to hear it. "It just makes you sound dumber than you already are."

"Oi!" Atsumu retorts as he points his spatula at Sakusa. "Look, just cause I'm sure yer from the big city, doesn't mean ya can disrespect us. I'm from Hyōgo," Ah, so Kansai dialect then, Sakusa noted. "I'm sure ya don't know where that is, so let me tell ya-"

"Miya, actually I do-" Sakusa raced to interrupt, but Atsumu continued to go on like he didn't say anything.

"So back when Samu and I were younger..." And from then on out, Atsumu made it his personal mission to tell Sakusa almost his entire life story. Sakusa wondered if Atsumu had been waiting for that moment just so he could do that, like it was a way for him to share things about himself after Sakusa did earlier. For once, he didn't mind. He wanted to know more about Atsumu, and so he stayed quiet and listened.

Throughout the week, Atsumu took Sakusa along to show him all his favorite spots around the island. He brought him along on many hikes to watch wildlife like sea turtles, sea lions, and all kinds of birds. There was even a bay filled with iguanas that they stayed to watch for hours. And throughout each trip on each day, Atsumu would continue to tell Sakusa about himself. It started off as only the town he grew up in, and then it began to be wild stories of Osamu and him causing trouble wherever they went, and Sakusa felt a slight pang of sympathy for their parents for all that they had gone through, cleaning up their kids' messes.

However, he was sure they didn't mind because even now as Atsumu dragged him out of bed early in the morning to hike to another lake, talking up a storm, he didn't mind it at all. He didn't mind being taken all over the island and learning about it and Atsumu along the way. Whether he wanted to admit it or not, he even liked it. Therefore, he followed Atsumu silently, hanging onto his every word.

He learned that Atsumu loved to eat tuna, but refused to fish for it because he hated sitting around. He learned that as a child, Atsumu wanted to be a dinosaur hunter, but only because Osamu said he wanted to be a monster hunter and thought that a dinosaur one would be better. But that only lasted until he found out that dinosaurs were extinct and cried for a week. Sakusa couldn't help but comment on how adorable that was, making Atsumu almost fall off the edge of a trail they were hiking on, one day.

He learned that most of Atsumu's life and memories contained Osamu. They were mostly filled with ridiculous antics that only grew as they did. He was told the story of every scar and broken bone Atsumu garnered over the years and the ones his twin received. And their antics only continued, especially when they started in high school and met Suna.

He thought that he would feel jealous from the stories and the wonderfully normal life they lived, but Sakusa never did. It was something about the way that Atsumu told stores that brought him in and made him feel a part of it. Sakusa figured that most people were drawn into that kind of charm, but when he commented on it and Atsumu grimaced, saying he was being creepy, Sakusa was reminded that could never happen. He was sure that as soon as people actually got to know Atsumu, they did not like him. Atsumu denied it, he only admitted to not being that popular.

Sakusa learned that all of them played volleyball together, and when Atsumu asked what he played and Sakusa told him that he didn't play anything, Atsumu's jaw dropped. Sakusa couldn't believe that for the most part, Atsumu forgot he was an idol since he was young, and that his life was much different. He didn't go to school, he had tutors. He didn't play sports on a team, he met with fitness instructors to get him in shape. Sure he learned the basics of most sports, but volleyball? He was never that interested so he hadn't played it much.