Sakusa POV

Sakusa would be lying if he said he wasn't terrified. He was currently landing at the airport on Isabela Island, and couldn't stop his legs from bouncing in anticipation. He gave it up. He gave everything up. He finally faced his mother, who fainted as soon as he uttered the words of his retirement. After the interview, Komori and him had to take her back to his apartment. When she eventually woke up, she didn't utter a single word of thanks or hate. She simply rose up from the couch, shook her head, and walked out the door.

He hadn't expected any sort of congratulations or support, but he certainly didn't expect her to just take it and leave. Maybe it was her only way of showing kindness. He didn't know, and honestly was done trying to understand her anymore. He had a new life and family to look forward to.

Komori had already purchased his tickets online, and calmly drove him to the airport. Sakusa regretted not being able to spend more time with him. Before he went through security, he gave Komori a curt hug. "Please promise me you'll visit. I think you would really enjoy it there, and I'd love for you to meet him. I'm sure you could get a lot of inspiration for your next book there, too."

Komori grinned as he patted Sakusa's shoulder in assurance. "Say no more. I'll be there, Kiyo, I promise. But for now, you need to worry about what to do when you get there. Are you sure he'll even get the channel to see it? What if he's been holed up in his house and hasn't been watching the news??"

Just the thought of Atsumu without a smile, and hiding away from the sun that adored him so much, sent a stab of shooting pain through him. "If he hasn't seen it, then I'll go to his house. I'm making my way back to him, and if he sends me away then so be it. But I have to see him, just one more time." Komori nodded in understanding as they hugged again before waving him away through security.

Sakusa had been so confident then, but now that he was walking off of the plane, terror gnawed at him. Atsumu probably hadn't seen it. Sakusa wasn't even sure if they got the channel he was on, even though they assured him they were broadcasting it worldwide. Would Atsumu send him away if he showed up at his door? Would he do as he said and not wait for Sakusa, and he would walk in on Atsumu with someone else?

The thought alone was enough to make him nauseous, and he had to step aside to clutch his stomach. Maybe this wasn't the best idea after all- His thoughts broke off something flickered in the corner of his eye. The airport was already small enough so he didn't have to search far to see blonde hair bouncing towards him. He started pushing past the people in front of him, ignoring the rude glares people shot at him. He clutched at his bag to make sure it didn't fall as he sprinted towards the front where the shining blonde hair was waiting for him. Atsumu. Atsumu. Atsu-

"Kiyoomi!"

Sakusa decided to forget his bag as he dropped to the floor and ran straight for Atsumu's open arms. "Atsumu." He wasn't sure who made it first, but they collided together, clinging to each other's backs while choking on their sobs. "Atsumu..."

"Kiyoomi, I-"

"Atsumu, I.." They both pulled back a little so they could gaze at each other as they tried blinking away the tears in their eyes. "Atsumu, I'm so sorry-"

"It's alright now-"

"No, please let me say this." Sakusa interrupted in a somber tone that Atsumu understood well enough to close his mouth. Sakusa's trembling fingers raised to thumb Atsumu's cheek, only causing more tears to fall instead of helping to wipe them away. "Atsumu, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to leave like that. I can blame my mother and the whole security all day long, but if I didn't let her have that sway over me, I wouldn't have left."