Sakusa POV

Atsumu had suggested they go to the karaoke bar again, and this time Sakusa was singing a duet with him. They were all off-key and off-tempo as they attempted to sing together, but they were so happy that they could've cared less. They had their arms around each other's shoulders as they fought the laughter bubbling up their throats as they tried to sing. Even the other customers, which had grown significantly since the last time, were all laughing with them.

It was moments like that, that made Sakusa forget that he was living an entirely different life before it. Just by having the man he loved by his side, made him forget all of the pain and misery he had gone through all those years alone. Of course there were still things he couldn't do or touch and his mind would never stop overthinking, but having Atsumu there helped more than he could explain.

After they finished their songs, they collapsed at a table in the back corner to enjoy a drink while watching the next people go up to sing. Atsumu's arm was holding Sakusa's waist and his head was lying on Sakusa's shoulder as they leaned back in their chairs to watch. One of the bartenders handed them their drinks and then lingered to talk with Atsumu. Sakusa watched as Atsumu's face grew excited as they spoke and when the woman left, Atsumu turned to him with a bright smile. "Omi-kun, ya won't believe it!"

"What? Just say it."

Atsumu straightened in his seat as he thumbed Sakusa's cheek. "She was tellin me that ever since the last time ya sang here, everyone loved it. Tons of people have been talkin and asking about ya. Several people that work at the restaurants were here that night and tonight and really liked yer voice. A ton of them were wanting ya to work for them by singing live at their restaurants. You'd have to start learning some Spanish and more English songs, but they'd love to have ya! What do ya think?"

Sakusa definitely hadn't expected this, and had no idea what to say back. The couple of times he sang here had been the most fun he's ever sung and he predicted that would never happen if he wasn't here. If Atsumu hadn't been with him. But there was still a lot to think about, like the fact that he already had a career in singing. He did his best to give Atsumu a smile he was expecting. "That's very kind of them, and I really appreciate it. I'm still going to need some time to think about it first."

He watched as Atsumu let it sink in, but forced his face not to fall and let out a forced laugh. "Oh yeah of course. It's just something to think about, if yer ever interested of course. Don't feel pressured just thought ya might like doing that."

"I would, so thank you Atsumu. And please tell them thanks as well." Atsumu nodded with a small smile, and Sakusa hoped they could move on like that. He knew in the back of both of their minds the question of how long and how serious about this was on both of their minds. He knew he was worrying Atsumu and his family. Sakusa wasn't deaf. He could easily hear them on their video calls when they continued to warn Atsumu about not getting "too close" or that he needed to ask where this was going. It was completely understandable that Osamu and Suna would tell Atsumu these things. Sakusa held no anger towards them about it, and instead felt increasingly guilty when they kept mentioning that they didn't want Atsumu "to get hurt."

He couldn't even imagine hurting Atsumu, but judging by the way things were going, it should've been obvious that was exactly what was going to happen. However, Kiyoomi only brushed it away, thinking he had all the time in the world to figure it out. So that's what he would do. He would figure it out, later.

"Sure, I'll tell them." Atsumu downed his drink in one go, effortlessly, before shaking his head as if it would shake all the tension away. "Thanks Omi, for comin again even though ya didn't want to. For that, I'll reward ya and get ya on the roof to watch the stars with me."