mill ✦ blOOm

― inspired by OnlyOneOf's "blOOm"
word count: 2,238
for our lovable birthday boy, 밀. ♡

yongsu😬
heyyy come out

me
no <3

yongsu😬
k fine suit urself

I smiled as we read our silly messages to each other, then closing my phone as I continued to get ready for the day I've been looking forward to among all the passing ones.

Today was different for Mill and me since days like this would be a rare opportunity to get together for a whole day given his booked schedule. Even if most of our plans are awfully spontaneous, fancy dinners or expensive gifts don't matter to us; being with one another is more than enough.

Looking in the mirror, I fixed my plain white shirt and denim jeans one last time, then grabbing my purse as I headed out of the front door. As I got out, I scanned my surroundings as I tried to spot him. I furrowed my eyebrows as I saw no sign of him, knowing that he texted saying he was here. I decided to send him a message:

me
where r u ??

Sighing, I pressed send as I looked up from my phone to find him. Just when I was about to walk across from the house, someone shouted out my name and made me look to the right, only to feel happy tears forming in my eyes.

my heart raced that time
(심장이 빨리 뛰었지 때) 
when I faced you
(널 마주칠 때)

My body came running towards him. I felt exhilarated, excited, and most importantly: in love. Our distance came to a close as he welcomed me with open arms, wrapping myself around his taller figure. I couldn't help but take in his scent ― a hint of freshly-cleaned satin sheets.

your fragrance coming to me right around the corner
(네 향기 coming to me right around the corner)

my heart is colored with flower
(내 맘을 온통 물들인 flower)

Feeling all emotional, tears started running down my cheeks. Mill was slightly thrown off; nevertheless, he enveloped me tightly within his broad arms. 

It truly felt like home. 

"Are you okay?" Mill asked as I released from his embrace. I looked at him in the eye, sniffling softly, "Do I look like I'm okay?" He just smiled at my remark. "You missed me that much, huh?" As he said that, I went in for a hug again. We stayed like that for a good while and parted.

"Come on, let's get on with our day." I felt the corners of my lips forming a smile. Mill extended his hand as I gladly took his warm palm in mine. 

Today, Mill and I decided to spend our precious time visiting the flower field located right on the outskirts of town. I told him that it would be nice for a change since we've seen the city too much to the point that we memorized each and every corner of it. Fortunately, he obliged.

It was approximately a 30-minute bus ride to our destination, which wasn't much of a hassle. We waited for a few more moments until the bus arrived at our stop. Mill reached out his hand as I took it in mine as we stood up from the waiting shed. We entered the bus and seated ourselves.

"The weather is absolutely beautiful today," I thought as I viewed the skies while peeking through the bus window. I admired the clouds from afar, truly amazed by all their different shapes and sizes. Little did I know, Mill was admiring my amused face all this time.