mill & rie ✦ mixed signals

─ pick your ending!

Y/N's POV

"Wanna grab some food while we plan the pair work?" Rie asks me as we walked out of the school gates.

"Sure!" I agreed to his offer.

We arrived at a small restaurant not so far from the school.

We sat down at a 4-seater table, taking our orders as well.

We started talking about a few things even before our food arrived.

In the middle of our conversation, something caught Rie's attention.

"Yongsoo!" He calls the attention of a red-haired boy who just entered the restaurant.

"Rie?" Yongsoo comes to our direction.

I looked somewhere else to not seem out of place.

"It's been so long!" Rie says as they do a fist bump.

I started to do other things since their conversation took longer than I expected.

"Is she your girlfriend?" Yongsoo asks all of a sudden, catching my attention.

Rie slaps his arm and aggressively shakes his head.

"Uh, no we're just friends, project partners too," I said clearing out the misunderstanding.

rie ending

Rie's POV

"Yeah, we're just friends." And I wasn't lying.

Because we really are just friends, for now.

"Oh okay, sorry." Yongsoo apologizes.

"No, it's okay," Y/N replies with a hint of awkwardness.

"If you don't mind, can I sit with you guys? The place is kinda full." He asks.

"I'm okay with it, how about you?" I ask Y/N so she looks at us.

"Sure, I'm okay with it." She replies monotonously, obviously not caring much about it.

"Oh, are you doing something important? You can carry on, I'll go order for myself." Yongsoo leaves both of us.

"Sorry for what happened a while ago, he really likes minding others' business." I apologized.

"No, it's alright," She says shyly.

We continued where we left off. And honestly, we were pretty productive.

"Do you understand?" She asks and I immediately nodded absentmindedly.

"Are you sure? You were just staring at my face the whole time." She says as she annoyingly puts her phone down.

"Sorry, I'm just really out of this." That was a lie.

Every time we'd be together, I would find myself just looking at her. And I suppose she would notice this by now.

"I'm back!" Yongsoo annoyingly disrupting our conversation.

Y/N and I were clearly annoyed by him at that point.

"Sorry," He apologizes and slowly sits down.

"I don't remember you being this annoying," I laid back and folded my arms and stare at him.

"You know people change," He says as he takes a bite of his food.

"Whatever, you can go eat your food now," I say as he nods while chewing.