junji ✦ euphony

euphony (n.)

─ the quality of being pleasing to the ear, especially through a harmonious combination of words.

Junji's POV

I let my mind wander off as I listened to the melody. Without noticing, I found myself smiling. Though, I couldn't tell if it were caused by the melody or the one creating it.

She noticed me enjoying her performance and smiled back for a quick moment. It didn't feel awkward, rather satisfied.

The manager thought that we weren't getting as many customers as before, so he thought of hiring a performer. She hasn't been introduced yet, but to my surprise, she promptly started working today.

After a few more songs she performed, it was nearing closing time. I would typically be tired of my everyday routine here at the cafe. But with her melodic company, it makes my job less tiring.

It was already 9 o'clock, which meant it was time to close the place. While I was fixing up a few things, the girl was keeping her acoustic guitar, about to go as well. Out of curiosity, I decided to approach her.

"Oh, hey. I liked your performance a while ago," I complimented her as soon as I approached her. She was quite satisfied with my statement, earning a smile from her.

"Thanks, I noticed you a while ago," She says, following with a chuckle. "You're new here, how come you haven't introduced yourself at least?" I asked, wanting my questioning to be solved.

"Oh right. I'm just a freelance performer so I think the manager didn't think it was important to introduce me. And he just accepted me right away since I told him I needed money immediately." She explained and I nodded.

"Anyway, I'm Y/N. And you are...?" She asks. "I'm Junji. That's a cute name," I complimented which made her smile. She shyly thanked me and giggled.

"I guess I have to go now," She says, picking up her things. "Okay then, get home safe," I replied and waved to her as she went out the door.

Y/N's POV

I assumed that my first day would be somehow uneasy for me. It was my first time performing permanently in an establishment. And I'd be more used to busking considering it's the thing I've been doing for the past few years.

I thought wrong after Junji approached me. When I first saw him today, I mistook him to be female because of how flawless his hair was, and not to mention his facial features are giving off feminine vibes.

But when he spoke to me, I just brushed off those thoughts and laughed at it. I never really cared if I had to get close to someone, but now that I met him, I don't mind.

the next day...

Junji's POV

While I was preparing the cafe, awaiting a customer. I heard the door's chimes and immediately greeted like how I always would.

I looked up above the counter and realized it wasn't a customer. "Oh, hey Y/N! For one second there I thought you were a customer." I greeted Y/N and smiled.

"Oh, sorry about that. I didn't know you were there," She apologizes while fixing her things. "It's okay. No need to apologize." I said and went back to what I was doing.

There wouldn't be a time where I wouldn't get swayed by the music, and it never failed to put me up in a good mood. Sure there used to be the typical cafe music before she started performing here, but when she sings, it hits differently.