junji ✦ stay the night

— in which a sleepover led to a love confession.
word count: 2,050
for our pretty birthday boy, 준지.

"Naur 'cause why would you take the last slice of cheesecake?" Yoojung inquired, squinting his eyes at the boy in front of him. He was legit stressed out from this little situation, and it isn't a good sight to see. "Damn, calm down. It's just a slice of pastry. It isn't the end of the world, you know?" Mill was unamused of his dramatic ass, obviously wanting to fight him.

Verbally? Absolutely. Physically? Maybe another day.

"JUST a slice of pastry? You have crossed the line, my friend." Out of nowhere, Yoojung grabbed a wooden stool situated nearby below the countertop. He lifted it in the air teasingly as Mill blocked his face with his hands. "ALRIGHT, TAKE YOUR STUPID CAKE! I wasn't that hungry, anyway." Mill surrendered, opening the fridge to get the cake again.

Yoojung went in to hug Mill as the plated pastry was still in his other hand, "Thanks, bestie!" With that, Mill pushed the other away from him and made a disgusted face.

"Can you two like shut up? We're in the middle of a series here." A voice came from the main living space which sounded like Love's. Everybody in the room let out a laugh, including you.

"Bring the bowl of popcorn, will ya?" Mill said to Yoojung who was rummaging the drawers for eating utensils. He gave a thumbs-up as Mill finally left the kitchen. 

You were currently staying at OnlyOneOf's dorm because they told you so. It was sort of a threat, but you wanted to come nevertheless. The boys wanted to have a sleepover even though you were their only guest — I mean, you were one of the only people who were allowed to visit them. After all, you were the closest of friends since the teen years, and that didn't change.

"Hey, what did you guys choose?" Mill asked as he sat down on the floor empty-handed after his cake was stolen. "We're watching Vincenzo. Y/N wanted to catch up to where we are," Nine replied as the latter nodded. 

"I now understand why you are obsessed with this. The story is so good," you said to Nine who was sitting beside you on the couch. "I keep telling you! You were too busy that you haven't had the time to enjoy it," he replied. "True."

Yoojung walked into the room with the bowl of buttered popcorn in his hand, the cheesecake in the other. He sat beside Rie who was also seated on the floor. Mill threw him a glare.

• • •

It was now about 10:30 in the evening. All of you agreed to watch one more episode of Vincenzo before doing other things or going to bed. No one noticed that Jisung was already fast asleep on the couch, mouth wide open as he sat with eyes closed. Most of you were still awake; however, some weren't really paying attention to the show anymore.

Just look at Rie make TikToks at the corner of the room.

The episode finally ended as Kyubin turned off the television. You stretched your arms in the air while still seated on the couch, rubbing your eyes in the process. Jisung woke up from his short nap, wiping away the drool on the corners of his mouth. The others started cleaning up.

The clock has struck 11:45, fifteen minutes before midnight. All of you gathered in the kitchen, excluding the birthday celebrant who has been asleep upstairs ever since you arrived at 7. "He must be really tired from dance practice," you thought.