yoojung ✦ brewtiful you

fluff, coffee shop!au
characters: y/n, yoojung & kyubin, munik (dongkiz)
word count: 3,317

Yoojung's POV
"Dude, can you pass me that box on the counter?" I asked my co-worker as I was replenishing the jars of coffee beans situated on the shelf. "What if I don't want to?" he sneers as I make out a face of annoyance. "Tell me, when do you plan to stop being a jerk? Huh, Kyubin?" I retort as I eyed the man in front of me. He laughed at me while holding onto his stomach, "I'm just kidding. No need to be all grumpy," Kyubin says.

I wasn't taking it lightly as he does; it's really not reaching to me as a simple joke. I slapped his shoulder which was hard enough for him to flinch, "Well, if you weren't playing around during operation hours then I might haven't hurt your pride."

He just stared at me, caressing his shoulder that I previously hit. I rolled my eyes and went to grab the box myself. I carried it to the back counter and started arranging the fresh stock of ingredients on the shelf. While I was rummaging through a new box of syrup flavorings, the faint sound of the front door's bell rang. This only meant that customers are slowly filling in the shop.

Despite the signal given, I still proceeded to my previous task of inventory checking. I suppose my co-worker, Kyubin, will carry out his duty on the cashier like he always does.

"Where are the batch of creamers and dairy milk?" I mumbled to myself. There are lots of boxes scattered around so it's going to take a while for me to check through the delivered items. Just as I was going to stand up to look for the said box, Kyubin rushed to my position as if there was something wrong. "Yoojung!" he exclaimed. I looked at him confused and replied, "What do you want now?!" He looked around and stared at a certain spot in the distance. I couldn't see what he was eyeing as I was sitting on the floor among the sea of delivery boxes.

"Well, I served this customer just now... and I think they're quite cute," he exclaimed, still eyeing someone in the distance. "Oh yeah? Let me be the judge of that," I said rather boldly. I stood up from my spot and lightly swept my apron. I looked at Kyubin and said, "So? Who are you talking about?" He then pointed to a direction using his finger. I followed it, finally reaching sight of what he's pointing at.

Needless to say, I am shocked. I can't see my own face right now, but all I know is that I'm clearly mesmerized. From our view, the person was reading a textbook while sipping on whatever drink they ordered earlier. What made them look more beautiful was the beaming sunlight which highlighted their prominent cheekbones. It felt like a scene in a novel.

As I was in a motionless trance, I didn't notice Kyubin waving his hand in front of my face. I then went back to reality, "Are you okay? Wow, why am I even asking that?" he sarcastically exclaims.

I put down my head, smiling to myself at the sudden encounter. "I shouldn't have said anything. Now we're both going to be head-over-heels on the same person," Kyubin sighs as he rests his hand on his forehead. "I think it's going to be fun. Wanna bet on who they'd choose among us two?" I suggest. He raises a brow at me, "Don't be too confident, lover boy. Bring it on." We smirked at each other, sealing the deal by shaking hands.

What we did not realize is that a customer was approaching the counter, and it just so happens that it was our mystery crush. We rambled around in our station and went into position, waiting for them with both excitement and nervousness.

"Uh, hi. I forgot to ask the Wi-Fi password earlier," they stated. Kyubin and I looked at each other with gawking eyes. With speed, I went to grab an old receipt and a pen before my co-worker could. I smiled at the latter, making him purse his lips together. I wrote down the password like they inquired, drew a small smiley face, and handed it over. Their face was unreadable, perhaps confused as to why we were acting so distracted. "Here you go," I said in a rather bright tone. "Thanks."