Chapter 18: Saving the Moonstone

A/N: YO! HOW THE HECK DO WE HAVE OVER 5K READS?!? 150 VOTES?!? THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! I also have just realized that I've been switching between present and past tense so I apologize for the confusion. I will do better in the next stories. Now to your regularly scheduled chapter

The hole... or really big crack in the ground emitted a blue glow, which is really cool. There are rocks crumbling around it and everyone is screaming at the revelation of the crack. We gather around the edge of the hole thingy and look down at the glow. Wyatt and I are next to Willa, Wyatt grabbing my hand!

"The energy from the moonstone must have created a fault line." Zed says. "If we follow this crack, it may lead us to the moonstone." I say excitedly. "So it's only buried and not destroyed!" Addison semi-shouts. The ground starts to rumble, all of us shaking with it. Wyatt grabs onto my arm to steady me, letting go of my hand.

The rumbling stops. "We have to get to it!" Wynter says. "Quickly, while we still can." We walk down the crumbled up rocks, after I take my heels off. Wyatt turns to help me down and we continue walking. There are exposed wires and lots of blue mist. "It's this way!" Willa shouts to us. We continue making our way to what we think is the stone. I trip and I nearly fall until Wyatt catches me, which I am very thankful for. That would have been very painful.

"I see the light, it's coming from Seabrook Power!" Willa shouts again after I regain my footing. The ground continues to rumble as we get closer. After a long time of walking, we finally make it to a cavern! It's the moonstone! "Here it is!" All of us werewolves cram into the room. Why aren't any of the zombies or humans here? No matter. All of the other wolves take their necklaces and put them onto the moonstone, fully charging them! They all snarl before Wyatt encourages me to put my necklace on the stone too.

I look around the room, making sure it's ok, and when I get a nod from Willa, I immediately take it off and put it on the stone. Once I grab it back, I snarl too. Right as I'm finishing, the ground starts to shake again and we scream. "We have to move it out of here." Willa says. "Legend says that together, our pack can move the stone." Wyatt says hurriedly. We all grab it and Willa gives me a glance, telling me to lead the pack. "On three." I command. "One, two, three!" We all try to lift the stone, but we don't have enough people!

"It's too heavy." Wynter says sighing. "There's not enough of us!" Willa and I say. "Then maybe you need to expand your pack." Addie says, leading zombies and humans alike, (including the Aceys and Bucky) into the cavern thing. "Addison?" Willa asks. "We came here to help!" Addie says. Come on everyone! We got this!" Everyone grabs a part of the moonstone frame. "Hurry, before it's too late!"

We all life the moonstone together. Before we can get out of the room, a big piece of concrete falls, blocking our exit. "Chamber's collapsed. We can't carry the moonstone through." Wyatt states. Eliza looks to Zed. "Your Z-band. It's still broken." Eliza says. "Zed, take it off." I say. "Lift the slab." "You can do this." Eliza says to him. "I'm not ready. What if I can't control it?" Zed asks.

Something explodes somewhere above us, making everything and everyone shake. "Zed! You have to." Addison says. He looks around at all of us before sighing and taking the band off. He starts to zombie out, his veins becoming prominent and his limbs cracking. It's pretty cool. There are some more words of encouragement, (that I can't be bothered to say 'cause it's too cheesy) and then Zed finally lifts the slab. Who knew zombies were that strong?

Everyone, (except Zed of course) grabs the moonstone and lifts once Zed gets the slab high enough off the ground. We all move it out into the hallway type thing and drop it gently. It took a lot of effort from all of us, and my feet might be slightly bruised, but we did it.

We all look behind us as we hear a crash. Zed didn't... no! I start to silently cry before Wyatt pulls me into him, comforting me. Suddenly, we hear the sound of a Z-band coming back online, and a figure comes out of the mist. Zed walks out with the biggest smile, all of us smiling and cheering.

After Zed and Addie have a moment, I walk past Addison and stop in front of Zed. "Hey (Y/n-" he starts. He doesn't get the chance to finish before he is interrupted by my palm slapping his face, the sound echoing. I pull him into a hug. "You idiot! Don't scare us like that!" I semi-shout. I pull out of the hug. "I will keep that in mind for next time." He replies. "There better not be a next time mister!" I say, pointing my finger at him. I hear chuckles spread throughout the cave thing.

I walk back over to Wyatt and he pulls me into a hug. "We crushed it! We nailed it! We so rock! Yes!" Wynter shouts. "Too much?" She asks Willa. After a moments silence, she replies. "Perfect." Wyatt and I are hugging in celebration while a picture of Zed and Addie is taken for the Prawn Wall of Fame. Then, everyone starts to howl, including me, the zombies, and the humans! It's so funny to hear what they said. Somebody said ostrich boots!

"Hey, you said that perfectly." Wyatt says, turning to Bonzo. "Bonzos got an ear for languages." Bree says happily. Everyone breaks out into laughter. We all pick up the moonstone and bring it back to the gym.

A/N: That's the end of the chapter. Sorry it's so late! Buh bye!