Chapter 7: The Library

A/N: I really love this song and I didn't make a chapter with this in it so I thought that I would put it here. Umm, enjoy the chapter!

"Zed for prez! Vote Zed for prez, because I'm a zombie, not a zomb-can't-be." Zed tries to promote himself. "This is dumb. I'm leaving. Peace out!" I yell, leaving. I make my way inside, as it is way too sunny out. I walk past the light lime green and pastel pink lockers, white walls, posters for Bucky and Zed. I go to my locker which is spray-painted dark blue, because, why the heck not?

As I get to my locker, I open my bag and get my books out, opening my locker. Then, I hear a snarl, immediately knowing that it's one of the werewolves. I turn to face them, leaning on my locker. "These sheep just let us in? Baaaaaad idea," the leader, who I'm pretty sure is Willa, says. "We agreed to play nice," the boy to her right says.

"Oh, this is me, playing nice," Willa says, dragging her claw... nail... things across the lockers. They stop in front of my locker. "I like your locker. At least there is some thing good about this school. Now let's find that moonstone," Willa says, continuing to walk. I see the space bun wolf getting a drink of water and I walk up to her. I wait until she finishes getting her drink. "Hi, I'm (Y/n). What's your name?" I ask, cause... being nice is ok?

"Ooo hi! My name is Wynter! I need to go though, maybe we can talk another time?" She replies to me, already rushing off. "Alright. I need to head to the library anyways," I say, leaving. I hear the bell ring and then the wolf pack howl. Luckily, I have study hall this period.

I walk into the library, heading straight for the Fablehaven section. (If you like fantasy, I would really recommend that you read this series. It is so good!) I pick out books one, two, and three and go to the check out counter. As I'm passing some bookshelves, though, I see a certain werewolf, whose name I still don't know, reading a book upside down.

I walk past, but then it registers that he's reading a book upside down, so I go back and flip it over. He sheepishly laughs. "I'm Wyatt" he says. "(Y/n). Bye," I respond, going to check out my books. I hear another set of footsteps behind me as the librarian, Ms. Zeljika (Ze-ly-ka) Oliver, my favorite staff member, checks out my books. She's also a zombie! Once she finishes, I head over to Addison and Bree, who are both being watched intently by Wynter.

"Hi Wynter!" I say, excited to see a possible new friend. "Hi (Y/n)! Oh, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to be friends because I really like you and you're sweet and sarcastic and you're also really pre-" she rambles on, talking so quickly to the point where I can barely understand her. "Wynter! Of course I want to be your friend!" I exclaim happily after she stops speaking. "Yay!" Wynter says happily. All of a sudden, she rips out Bree's homework from her binder and eats it.

"Hey! That dog just ate my homework!" Bree yells, frustrated. "Here, you can have mine. Wasn't like I was going to do it anyways," I say, handing it to her. Willa slams down two books onto the table we are around. "Lies!" She shouts. "These history books claim werewolves attacked Seabrook settlers, but they struck first and stole our moonstone!" "I'm sorry. I didn't know that," Addison replies, looking into her eyes.

"There's a lot you don't know." "Well, history isn't always truthful anyways," I add. "You have always passed history," Bree claims. "Yeah, doesn't mean it's always true though." "I know the alarms going to go off it you don't check out those books!" Addison yells as Willa takes off her necklace and throws it at the weird... anti theft things that I don't know the name of.

(Can someone tell me what this is? I can't remember for the life of me!)

The alarm thing doesn't go off as she passes through the library doors. "Our necklaces have a way with electronics," a voice whispers in my ear. I turn my head and see Wyatt three inches away from my face and immediately turn a faint, bright red. He walks out of the library with Wynter on his heels.

What. The. Heck?!?