Chapter 8: Do It Like the Zombies Do

After school let out, I was walking around Zombietown, going to stores that don't say humans only, and making my way over to my friend and her pack. "Hi Wynter!" I exclaim happily. She gets up and she comes over to hug me. "Hi (Y/n/n)! How's it going?" My friend replies. Before I get the chance to answer, Willa interrupts me.

"What is she doing here?" She asks, quite rudely if you ask me. "She's here because she's my friend Willa." Wynter defends. "Willa, it's fine. She can stay for a little while," Wyatt says. "I can leave if I'm interrupting something?" I question. "No, (Y/n), you're fine. Stay here for a few minutes!" Wynter suggests cheerfully.

"So, as I was saying, none of these history books say where the moonstone is hidden." Willa complains. They continue talking as I watch Zed, Eliza, and Zoey walk up to the table. "Hello wolves... and (Y/n). Why are you here? Of course you're here. Never mind that," he greets and scolds, holding his hand out for a handshake. "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Zed, zombie, football star, presidential hopeful." He cuts off with a nervous laugh, realizing none of them know him and won't shake his hand. So I do the only logical thing to do...

I shake his outstretched hand.

He gives me a side glare. Eliza starts to speak. "When zombies first came to Seabrook, we were outsiders too. Which is why you need a great president like Zed to represent you. We'd be honored if you guys joined us." "Our pack, is our pack," Wynter starts. "We don't need anyone else, so." "What about (Y/n)?" Eliza inquires. "She's my friend, I'm keeping her, she's adorable, she's mine now, and she's apart of our pack... sort of?" Wynter trails off after seeing Willas glare.

"Who doesn't want more friends? Underneath all that fluffy hair, I bet you're a real softie." The Cutest Little Girl Ever, aka Zoey, states. Wynter gets down to Zoeys level. "I am a mean, mean werewolf, kid. Tough, and rough." "Aww, you said 'rough'," I coo. "Like a sweet little puppy dog," Zoey finishes for me. Wynter turns around and glares at me. "Ruff ruff," I playfully mock.

"We are beasts of the forest, we will never be tamed-" Wynter gets cut off by Zoey scratching behind her ear. "Oh boy... oh wow that's great. Oh wow." She looks at Willa who is giving both her and me a glare. How? I dunno. "We're nothing like you zombies," Willa says, getting up from her spot on the bench. "You sorta are," Eliza starts. "Your necklace is powered, right? Kinda like an organic Z-Band?"

"You're smarter than he looks," Willa kinda compliments. "Was that a compliment Willa? The big, bad werewolf, giving a compliment?" I taunt. "(Y/n), you better shut it right now or so help me..." she threatened. Zed frowns as he finally gets what the mean lady meant. "Thanks," Eliza says back.

"That necklace keeps you from fully wolfing out?" Zed asks, reaching to touch Willas moonstone necklace only to have his hand slapped away by her. He clean he's his hand to his chest. "The opposite. Our moonstones make us our true werewolf selves." "So, without it..." Zed starts. "You would be human?" I finish. Willa turns to look at me. "No. We'd die. We'd be nothing." There's a moment of silence before Wyatt, who somehow got behind me, (don't know when that happened) started speaking. "Imagine how alive you'd feel if you didn't have to tamp things down. Hold back your true selves."

Eliza, ever the smart one, starts speaking. Butttttt... it just ends in Zed scolding her for something I wasn't really paying attention to and zoned out on. "-f you'd just follow in our footsteps. Join a club. Play football. I'll even teach you how to tackle." Zed says. "Oooh I'll help with that one! I love love love tackling people!" I interject. Zed glares at me before continuing. "Just, lighten up. Be more like us."

SONG STARTS (I'm also only gonna do the lyrics because I'm much too lazy to write all the moves out... so yeah)
You
Zed
Wynter
Wyatt
Willa
All

"Do it like the zombies do
Brush your fangs when you wake up
Comb your hair do your make up
Sleep at night don't stay up
Do it like the zombies do
Don't stand out when your fitting in
When in doubt, do the opposite
Don't listen to him
He's a hypocrite
Do it like the zombies do
All you've got to do is give an inch
Then we gon' take it to the tooooop
Do it like the zombies do
When the moon is out
No howlin'
Don't run in the halls
No growlin'
Let's go to the mall
Start styling
Do it like the zombies do
Trim your claws get a manicure
Cut your bangs leave it on the floor
Now wag your tail
Like a Labrador!
Do it like the zombies do
All you've got to do is give an inch
Then we gon' take it to the tooooop
Do it like the zombies do
Don't stooooop
Do it
Stand up
Stand up
Stand up straight
Do your homework
Smile a lot when you network
Did I mention no one gets hurt
Do it like the zombies do
I hope you're open to my advice
Oh it's invaluable to us right?
Ah, sounds like this could be a paradise
Do it like the zombies do
Why should we change
They should be like us
Yeah he may eat brains
But he's got no guts
He's gone insane
Yeah he's acting nuts
Come on we've got move to bust
Whaaaaat
All you've got to do is give an inch
Then we gon' take it to the tooooop
Do it like the zombies do
Don't stooooop
Do it like the zombies do

SONG END

The song ends with both me and Wynter tackling Zed, Wynter on top and me squished in the middle of the two. The wolves all start laughing while the zombies wince. I think. I am face down on my basically adopted brother so, I'm struggling. Wynter gets up and howls, all of the other wolves joining in, and me just bursting out laughing as Wynter helps me up.

"Thanks." We start walking away with the rest of the werewolves.

"OWWWWW" Zed calls out.

A/N: OML this I'm my longest chapter! It was 1079 words you guys and gals and people that are gender neutral and all that other jazz. I'm so freaking happy! How did you guys like the song part? Could you guys give me some advise with future songs? Alright... I won't waste anymore of your time. Byeeeeeee!