The Future

Hey Wattpad people!

Remember me? Maybe not, haven't been on here in a while. I plan to post this to my feed as well, but I assumed this would be the place most people saw it. Plus if you made it to this point in the book, you know the end, you may actually be interested in what is next. 

So now what?

I haven't given up on writing. Let's start with that. 

Now this is going to be a bit heavy, though this story has it's dark parts...still trigger warning. I want to share this though because I believe in sharing the journey in case it may help even one person. The couple years...have been tough. I went through a major depressive episode which I started going to therapy for and also started taking medication. Go mental health awareness! It was a very dark time in my life. I did not see a future. I did not see a light. I almost failed out of my PhD program. The only reason I didn't is because I have an amazing therapist who helped me get a medical withdrawal, especially since normally I'm good at school. My PhD advisor and I did not get along, and due to that and my depression impeding my work he gave away my project and my grant money. I ended up moving back in with my parents and have switched to just taking the occasional class online as I continue working on myself and figuring things out.

 I am doing better though. The medication has really helped stabilize me. I'm continuing therapy and even looking at trying an intense outpatient thing that is for a couple weeks and supposed to help. I am not sure of my future and that's scary. I still feel like a disappointment at times, but I'm trying to take it one day at a time. 

To the brighter things, I started an Etsy art shop to sell my art, a lot of which revolves around mental health inspired things. I honestly have no idea if I'm any good, but I needed to try something. It's InkedInsane there too by the way. XD I figured that way when I finally get to really using my Twitter and Instagram I can just use the same account for both. 

What that has to do with Ink Me Insane? Well I've thought about offering prints of the cover for sale with personalized messages and signed by me. I have no idea if anyone would be interested, but part of what I'm trying to do here is gauge interest. 

In addition to trying to write more on here, I want to edit Ink Me Insane and try to query it to an agent and eventually publish...hopefully anyway. That is the dream. With that in mind, I'm not exactly happy with Drenched in Madness and know it could use changes that may come along with editing the first book. I'm not going to stop writing it just because draft in any form is better than none right? Still I'm trying to figure out where it is going. My other books as well I hope to work on and continue, and one day finish would be nice. But yeah...

That is the ramble of my life right now. It's hard but it's getting better and I'm trying to take this time where I'm not so focused on school to express myself more creatively. There are even a couple pitch contests I was looking into for submitting Ink Me Insane. I have hope again. So from someone who was surprised when they started feeling happy again, it gets better.

-Inked