Thirty Two

Rene had never held a gun before, let alone two, and given her aiming skills with scissors...she had little faith in her abilities. Good thing the doctor was close enough range that it didn't matter. It'd be harder to win a carnival game then hit him at this point. Though those things were often rigged, so a person would never win...God she hoped that wasn't the case here. Yet her hands still shook, perhaps it would be better to state her hands shook because of it. She was about to shoot someone, a living creature and there was no way she'd be missing. He deserved it. This man deserved to be so bullet-holed riddled his blue goop came out like a sprinkler. Her fingers twitched on the trigger.

Blue buzzing eyes met her as Dr. Laurel slowly turned to face Rene. Fire you freakin' idiot!

Bang.

The sound was louder than she expected when it came from her own hands. The pungent smell of gun powder was more overwhelming, flooding her senses to the point that she could taste it in the air. The recoil drove the solid metal deep into her palm and jerked her arm's muscles about. She probably just bruised her hand. What the hell kinda handgun was this?

The bullet had traveled wide on its path from the barrel following the trajectory of the arm spasms. Still...blue glittering ink dripped slowly onto the floor. She had got off a nice side-swipe ripping a hole through the meaty part of the doctor's arm. Well nice was debatable; she had been aiming for his heart or lung.

"Tag you're it." Rene whispered.

A burst of speed and wave of nausea hit her as Rene turned heel, chasing down the hall. It didn't take long for the doctor's long gait to be heard following as well as the clicky-clack of heels by Miss Rachel.

What are you doing? We do not flee! We fight, we burn, we win! Karo roared unceremoniously inside her skull.

Doctor Frankenstein back there wants me. It'll be easier this way. Plus if Pyro has any brains left in that head of his, he'll have used it as a distraction to take care of Scarlet.

Mixed feelings were a currently an understatement for how she felt about Michael, but it didn't mean she wanted him dead...well only a little and she was sure she'd regret it later if she had played a part in it. Plus there was no way she could let Lora kill Declan. It'd tear Lora apart and for such a proper guy, Dec wasn't too bad. Dang, Danny was right she was getting soft and making friends.

Damn. The life pumping liquid had started seeping out of her again. Her shoulder was trying its hardest to kill her. Kristy being a pain from beyond the grave...she really hoped Kristy couldn't somehow actually do that now.

Wall.

Rene bounced her uninjured shoulder off it and kept moving. Stupid wall.

Her breathing was quickly becoming labored from exhaustion and surges of pain as her muscles stretched and tore apart within in shoulder. Idiot. She should have pulled the bullet out. The bullet was wiggling and burrowing deeper into her arm, a little parasite hitching a ride. At least parasite attacked their hosts to survive; this bullet was just on a vendetta. She was running on nothing but fumes, even her anger was fizzling out. Rene flung a door open, pivoting behind it. A barge of bullets were sent flying around the door as she attempted to slow the two doctors down.

Bullets flew about, ricocheting off walls and bursting lights with a satisfying pop that echoed long after the twinklings of glass pattered on the ground. Miss Rachel screamed as the glass clung to her person, slicing small scratches along her skin and dripping in her hair like jewels for a pageant...too bad she looked too crazy to win any. Her answers probably wouldn't be that good either. What is your biggest wish for society, Miss Rachel? That's easy that all the crazies that annoy me get fried...and world peace.