two - "run in the rain"

Rubbing his shoulder with a curled lip, Yuki turns back to King as they walk further through the Kansei University campus.

"That actually hurt." Yuki huffs.

Eyebrow raised, King turns back around and his eyes widen. "Wow, she was hot though."

"Whatever. Have you got any more lectures today?" Yuki questions.

King shoves his hands into his pockets. "Nah, I'm all done for today. You?"

Pulling his phone out, Yuki shakes his head. "I'm finished. Anyway, I'll get some time to myself before Haiji makes us do our evening run."

"Listening to music in your room?" King smirks.

"I don't just listen to music." Yuki scoffs, scrolling through his phone. He types out a text message to a friend as they walk past the main building when a drop of water falls on the screen.

Looking up at the sky, Yuki raises his eyebrows as another water droplet lands on his glasses. He wipes his lenses with his jumper sleeve, sending the text before placing his phone in his pocket.

King raises an eyebrow. "You don't think Haiji would make us run in the rain, do you?"

Yuki huffs a laugh. "Of course he would, this is Haiji we're talking about."

"I guess so." King shrugs. They turn past the athletics field and through a lane in the direction of Chikusei-sou as the rain spits and the clouds darken.

"Anyway," Yuki continues. "Hakone Ekiden is on the 2nd and 3rd of January; the wind could be strong, it could rain, or even snow during the race."

King grins. "You're into this running thing really, aren't you?"

Yuki waves a hand nonchalantly. "Whatever."

-

Clearing away the cans of beer and placing them in a bin liner, Haiji turns to the group as they sit down at the table together.

"So, well done to Prince for running under the 30 minute mark." Haiji grins. "You've really improved since the beginning."

The group cheer and clap for Prince, who sits with his knees pulled into his chest.

"Please, don't make a fuss," Prince mutters. "I've still got a long way to go."

Shindo shakes his head. "Not at all, celebrate the small victories, Prince."

"The next track meet will be next week at Kikui University." Haiji continues, pointing to the calendar on the wall of the kitchen. "As always, I'll decide who will be participating closer to the day."

"I really hope we can get official times!" Jota holds his hands together.

Joji nods. "We were so close last time!"

"How many more meets do we have before the Hakone qualifier?" Musa questions.

Haiji turns to the calendar, turning the pages. "We have one left this month, two more next month and three more after that overall. There are plenty of opportunities for everyone, don't worry."

Sighing, Yuki pushes his glasses up his nose. "That's easier said than done, Haiji."

Shrugging, Haiji grins. "It's possible, trust me. When have I lied to you guys?"

Nico raises an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure this all started with you lying to us."

"Is that how you see it?" Haiji waves a hand. "Well, that was for good reason. Anyway, are there any questions from anyone?"