nine - "two weeks?"

Sat at a table in the busy University canteen, Yuki, Joji, Jota, Shindo and Musa finish eating their lunches together, discussing their current run times.

"I thought I had it until that last lap." Jota frowns.

Joji nods. "We're getting closer though, let's hope this next meet we can make it."

"Hey, let me ask you all something..." Yuki leans an elbow on the table. "Haiji seems different, doesn't he?"

Shindo shrugs. "I'm not sure, it depends on what you mean."

"Just since Chiyo came the other day." He explains further. "It's not a bad thing, but he seems different."

Musa grins. "I think he's enjoying having her here, he's calmed down a bit."

Joji and Jota's eyes sparkle, nodding vigorously. "We like her staying here!"

"Of course you both do." Yuki scoffs.

"It seems cramped in that room for her, don't you think?" Musa raises a finger to his chin.

Shindo laughs. "If it was, I'm sure Haiji would offer to swap rooms with her."

Musa chuckles. "I think so too."

Looking up from his phone, Yuki raises an eyebrow, nodding ahead of the table. "Speak of the devil, Chiyo's over there."

The twins' gasp, waving to her and she sends them a wave back, walking over to their table.

"Hey, you guys." She cradles a laptop and textbook in her arms with a bag over her shoulder.

"Chiyo-chan!" The twins' chorus.

Chiyo shakes her head, laughing. "How was the run in the rain this morning?"

"Torture." Yuki snarls. "Wearing those damn rain ponchos does nothing."

"Have you been to class, Chiyo?" Musa questions.

She scratches the back of her neck. "Well, I didn't get to my morning lecture on time, but I'm meeting with my professor in ten minutes or so. I'll have to see what he says, I've got a lot of make-up work to complete."

Shindo grins. "I'm more than happy to help you study if you want?"

She waves a hand. "I can't expect that from you, Shindo. I've already invaded in your guys' lives enough and you're busy with running, don't worry."

"Don't worry, I enjoy studying," Shindo tells her. "If you want some pointers or material to work with, just ask and I'll have something I'm sure."

Chiyo smiles, nodding to him. "Thanks, Shindo. Well, I'd better head off to my meeting with my scary professor. See you all later."

She waves them goodbye and they return the gesture, continuing their conversation.

-

Knocking on the door to his office, Chiyo peers through the strip of glass to see him sat at his desk.

"Come in." His voice rough and toneless.

She walks inside, closing the door behind herself as she stands in front of him.

Dark hair thinning, wide glasses framing his face, wearing a white shirt and purple and white striped tie with grey trousers and blazer, Mr Takamiya types away at his computer, not looking up as he motions for her to sit down.

Doing as he says, she sits tentatively on the edge of the seat in front of his desk.

Continuing to type, he raises an eyebrow. "Miss Yoshida, do you have any words for me?"