Sedibus 1.1

"Wow the towers even bigger than I imagined from this close, right Olier?"

The breeze seemed to accompany the voice of a young man on a fairly warm early summers day,  it sending the many golden flowers from the fields that stood beside a small village scurrying off into the breeze as though the flowers were desperately trying to fly away.  This astonished statement came from a man in his early twenties, garnished in heavy ebony steel armour with silver underplates which only faintly glistened under the suns rays.  His armour resembled that of his raven coloured hair, as though it was made for him, his ashy blue eyes looking ahead at what lat before them.  The knight's  large white horse with a blonde mane nickered at him as though to reply at a complete stand still beside him as a person feverishly crept up from behind them. 

"I-I'm sorry Sir Arthur but this is as far as I can take you, it's far too dangerous to go further than here..." an old farmer mentioned with a concerned expression as Arthur looked back to the man shaking his head. 
"No, this is plenty enough, it looks like from here it's just a straight shoot to the tower, thank you again!"  Arthur reassured the old man as it seemed with this statement that the wind made a stir again, it's gusts all guiding their eyes in the direction of the contrasting lands ahead and the ominous flame like tower before them. 

Though the land Arthur stood in right now was the beautiful almost ethereal looking countryside landscapes he had often seen when growing up, the land before them was anything but.  A few steps ahead and your feet would reach the current border to the plagued lands.  What once was a thriving part of the outer kingdom, had now been reduced to nothing but a barren wasteland; with ground that was arid and almost desert like in texture and wildlife that all that had been killed off with the exception of the rumoured foul creatures that live there. 

The plagued lands were dyed a dusty orange by the permanently scarlet sky above it, which would fade out into the blue skies they currently stood in.  And within the centre of this all, stood the demonic looking tower which housed the being that started this entire mess.  The witch's tower, an enormous rocky black building  which contorted like fire to the sky.  Though from a glance it would look like a twisted mountain from afar, the bright purple light emanating from it's top made it clear that someone was living up there... and it was that very person that Arthur had been sent to kill.  Arthur gave a disconcerted expression as it was then there came a slight rumbling beneath their feet... and with it there came the fizzing of deterioration coming from the plagued lands inching ever closer.  The plague was growing rapidly, it was only a matter of time before a small village like this was consumed.  Arthur looked back to the many villagers who were already packing, getting ready to leave their home for good and flee... right now, he was one of the only ones who could stop this.

"I truly wish I could help a kinsmen more with their service-" the old man muttered as Arthur gave a warm smile to the old man. 
"I'll be fine, though please, focus on you and your family for now.  I will do my best to get rid of the plague before it hits the village, but just in case evacuate for now!" Arthur assured the old man, who seemed to grow teary at the knights kind words.
"Bless your kind heart young knight..." he thanked him, bowing his head as Arthur proceeded to put on his dark steel helmet. 
"No thanks necessary- I wish you all well in the future!" He proclaimed, climbing onto his horse and take hold of it's reins. "Lets go Olier!" He announced, patting the side if the horses neck, the two galloping without hesitation, into the dusty lands of the plague.