Sedibus 1.2

Arthur had just finished moving the helmets away as it was as he did so that finally the barrier around the room that was blocking the doors and stair vanished, along with the now dismantled suits of armour... it would give him a chance to breathe if this action didn't come with it's own changes... as the barrier of the room came down, the room also seemed to change along with it. There was a sudden abrupt darkness hit the room, much to Arthur's surprise as he instinctively grabbed his sword at the ready to fight whatever loomed in it.... however not long after the light reappeared... from all four corners of the room where the suits of armour once was, as giant blue fires similar to what had once been on the chandelier. The room had made a sudden change, the dark mahogany and obsidian floors changing to that of pure white tiles, lit up by the blue flame surrounding them. Following the now white pillars was now an change ij the art within the frames of the paints... now it seemed as though the people in the paintings were all racing in the direction of the stairs, their faces being mostly obscured with the exception of a subtle smile that could be seen upon the none obscured parts of their faces... within the centre of the room appeared to be a small hole where the chandelier once was.... though this wasn't the part of the room that concerned Arthur the most- much rather it was the change to the stairs. They were now a glassy white and looked just as feeble as glass to walk upon, he felt cautious just looking at them. It was obvious that he was going to have to venture on from here with alot of delicacy.

Though this analysis of his was once again quick to be interrupted as from the centre of the room came a gurgling from the middle of the room.
'huh...' Arthur thought to himself looking in the direction of the sound and the sudden trickling sound of water... and from the hole in the middle of the room came a small fountain of water bubbling out...
'She's trying to flood me out huh...?' he noted with a drained expression. It was certainly much less bothersome than the suits of armour and creatures that attacked him, though maybe the fragility of the room was meant to slow him down. As the water approached Arthur's feet he took a few steps back at first, sort of nervous that the water had in fact come from the plagued lands... however as the water drew near it became more apparent that it wasn't... though it wasn't completely clear water, it had a very faint tint to it, it was certainly alot more pure looking than the plagued lands water.  Arthur stared at the water as it encompassed his feet with a perplexed expression... this really wasn't going to do much in stopping him, so what exactly was the point?

These were the initial thoughts of the knight until not longer after the water had gone around hid feet... and a sharp stinging began to appear at the bottom of them.  In startlement Arthur hopped around on his feet momentarily before he began to realise just what this sensation was- burning?  It was as more water began to filter in more fiercely and the tint of the water began becoming more darker that Arthur eyes widened in realisation, a whisp of steam wafting past him.  He looks directly to the fires blazing away un the corners of the room, completely unaffected by the water pouring in- this water was being boiled with him inside it!  If there was one thing Arthur knew especially in this moment, it was hot water and armour did not mix well!  With a wince Arthur quickly began wading through the water to the stair case on the other side of the room, already beginning to feel the skin blustering from the bottoms if his feet.  The whole first few sets of steps were already submerged and the waters were filtering in even more violently- Arthur legs were numbing out in agony against the burns and heat ad he fought against the waters.  Never had he ever found himself met in this sort of situation before... however it was with a pain grunt that he felt his legs give way from beneath him for a moment, his body weakening from the intense temperature of the water. It was like he was being boiled in a pot that was his own armour... he looked at the staircase, now only within a few metres grasp. For a moment he had his doubts as he realised he was considerably more battered from these trials of the witch than he thought... but it was also at this passing jurisdiction of his brain that he then gritted his teeth, pulling himself back up.
'Princess Ran... the entire country... they are counting on me!  I should only ever give up when I draw my last breath!' Arthur told himself, wading through the water despite his body screaming at him with ever move he made against the water.  He found himself grabbing onto the stair case railings weakly, before then with a cry, he made the final hoister up and dash up the stairs to get away from the water, falling back down to his knees as he reached the top in exhaustion.