Love is blind

The prince slowly approached the man. Dropping his sword, he rose his hand, capturing the man's face and drawing him closer. The other was trembling, his body bare from warmth. He launched forwards into the prince's arms.

"Ar-Arthur!" Merlin sobbed, enable to process a full sentence.

The prince took the man into his embrace, wrapping his arms around the other's thin, cold body. "You-you feel so cold. I-I was so worried." He began.

"Arthur." The smaller man repeated, curling around the prince's body.

A sudden wave pulsed through Arthur's body, leaving him in a haze. "I...I sho-" Another wave forced his eyes closed. He felt his limbs grow colder. "I should hel-help you." His eyes opened, revealing dark red orbs, where once lay two bright blue diamonds.

Without a second word, Arthur released Merlin from an embrace. The other quickly taking his hand, squeezing it lovingly. The prince made his way back to the camp, still attached to the other man.

Percival stood up, hearing the prince approach. "Sire, what have you-?" The knight was cut off, seeing his lord's state. The once healthy, full skin looked pale and his eyes cold, hooded by dark magic. "Gwaine." He warned.

The brunette looked up to his friend. He was shooked when he was Arthur. His eyes widened. "Who...who did this?" He looked down to the immobile servant.

From behind the prince, a silhouette of a shorter individual. Percival gasped, drawing his sword, causing Gwaine to stand. The knight held his sword in front of his chest, fearing what he saw.

"Wh-who-? How-?" He trembled, confused as to the visions he was seeing.

Gwaine stood by him, staring at awe at the silhouette. He blinked a couple of times before rubbing them. "Wh-that's not possible...you're dead." He muttered, tears forming in his eyes.

--
The mind of a mortal is easy to capture,
You need one's deepest desires and secrets within.
Thou heart is capture by the lust of the eyes,
And thou eyes are captured by the lust of the heart.
The mind of a mortal is easy to capture,
But be ware of those whom own true love.
True love binds the mind and soul,
For one's heart to be true.

--
Earlier

Merlin heard a whisper, one so soft and gentle. He stood to his feet and left the warm aura of the fire. Following the whisper of his name, he found himself in the arms of someone who's heart was colder than stone.

"Emrys." The voice hissed.

The warlock was entwined with two large, hairy arms. Their grip was mighty, almost crushing the warlock.

"I have waited for so long to taste the sssweet nectar of a mage." It hissed into his ear, dragging its rough tongue up his neck. "Sssoon your mind will be mine." It grew three more arms and brushed them up and down the warlock's body.

--

Now

Percival walked towards the creature, dropping his weapons and armor. "Dear." Tears streaming down his face. Before he had the chance of touching it, Arthur aggressively pushed him away, causing the knight to fall to his feet.

"No one is to touch my beloved." The prince hissed, eyes hooded.

Gwaine got up, leaving the warlock's side. "Freya, my love." He whispered, tears clouding his eyes.

The two knights and prince were hypnotised by the creature's dark magic. Each saw their true love, one that is or has been. In the eyes of Sir Percival, behind the prince stood a red headed maiden, a wide smile upon her face and eyes as green as the spring grass. In Sir Gwaine's eyes, there stood a fair maiden who's hair was of flowing gold and eyes of silver. However, in a warlock's sight, there stood a hideous beast with eyes that were pale like the face of the moon, cursing one's soul and tearing one's mind.

Suddenly, Gwaine was pulled back, his foot getting caught by a cold, pale hand. The knight looked down, meeting two golden eyes.

"Ferállêya pörtanïes." Words of strange origin enchanting the knight. His eyes beginning to burn.

~~~

A/N Many thanks for the amazing support. Apologies for the short paragraph but I felt like it has been already too long.