Classic Sans ✖ Dream Sans

The Golden Light After The Rain

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Classic sat silently, his gaze shifted beyond the glass that housed him. The rainfall echoed into the vast space the home offered, shattering the silence he had hoped to remain in. Hours had passed since his main joy in life had left, once more whisked away to work. It wasn't something unusual, but always strung worries onto Classic with each passing moment. He feared the worse to come from a single mistake. Even so, he was no fool and knew of Dream's capabilities.

The two had been together for months, thriving amongst themselves. They never truly needed anything else and while the balance mattered, it irked Classic to no end each time their personal time was disrupted. He was selfish and would admit to it. His anger was always directed toward Ink and the others for allowing Dream to risk so much, for so little. The balance was so important to the rest of them, but to Classic, it felt pointless. Why fight over something like destruction or creation?

The sound of the rain hitting the window stirred Classic from his mind as he sighed heavily, his head leaning into the cushioning behind him. It always was lonely whenever Dream left. Sure, he had friends he could speak to. Or he could pay a visit to his brother. Bother the human. But none of those interested him. He wanted company from the one person who was the light in his life. That casted the darkness away. Truth was, years back he was broken. Drowning in his own sorrows and nearly at the point to give up. Dream had seen those things and reached out. That kindness was something he latched onto, refused to let go of. It was his and he needed those positive feelings. Those arms that held him gently. It was welcoming and left him feeling important even if for a mere moment. 

Pulling his phone from his pocket, he scanned it over before groaning in annoyance. He wanted to hear something. To be sure Dream was okay, but there was never a message to assure the others safety. It always drew his anxiety higher than before. Was it so wrong for him to worry? To be honest, the day had felt bland from the beginning. It lacked appeal and personally triggered him to believe something was wrong. The rain always came when something unfortunate was going to happen. That was a truth he'd found throughout all the years.

To Dream: Hey, it's me... Wondering how you're doing and if you're okay. Don't mean to bother you, just worried is all...

He frowned at the message as he hit send, his gaze shifting about once more. He felt uneasy for some reason. It didn't help when multiple minutes passed and no response came through. Classic found himself tapping his foot impatiently as he finished a game on his phone, once more opening his messages before typing once more.

To Dream: Hey... Me again. Kind of worried and would appreciate hearing something back. 

Closing the phone, Classic rose from the couch before making his way into the kitchen. He couldn't help but try to ease his mind. Scanning through the item in the cabinets, he devised a dinner to make. Pulling the items out, he worked slowly on them, prepping the food before placing it into the oven. He remembered that Dream had loved his homemade Mac & Cheese, so he hoped making it would make Dream happy. Setting the microwave, he moved back toward the living room to straighten up. 

Nearly an hour had passed before he moved back into the kitchen to get the food out. Setting it on the counter, he unwrapped the top before fishing for his phone in his pockets. To his surprise not a single response was there. He felt a frown crest his features as the foreboding he had felt began to linger back.