Hate Sans ✖ Classic Sans

There is slight abuse in this and violence, just as a warning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make Your Bed From Lies

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How long had this been going on? Classic had always asked himself why he set himself into bad relations. From the start, he knew there was something amiss. His lover never was infatuated by him. He often ignored the house and stayed out. His drinking habits had worsened. All were signs that warned Classic of the inevitable truth. He was being cheated on.

It should have hurt more when he witnessed the proof first hand. Returning from work to find his lover in the hold of someone else should have ultimately broke him. But it hadn't. It felt normal, leaving little mark on him. He hadn't let the other know his presence before leaving in silence, taking his keys with him. His soul ached, yes. But his mind was free, roaming itself to avoid the pain heartbreak left. 

He traveled along the roads without a care, only stopping the care when he reached the one place he felt comfortable at. The bar was small and on the Northern end of town, but run by someone close to him. It was his way to vent, his friend never denied him an ear. Stepping from the car, he turned it off and walked to the door, lightly knocking. He was aware the place was not open this early, but the noises from inside let Classic know his friend was fixing the place for later. After a couple minutes a familiar face came into view as the door opened, worry cresting the taller skeletons features.

"Classic? What are you doing here?" His gentle voice was soothing to Classic's soul as he frowned slightly, choking down his will to cry. Even with his attempts, nothing went unnoticed by the figure. Arms reached out, pulling the smaller skeleton into a tight embrace as Classic felt his hold on his sorrow slip. It was like the floodgates opened up, releasing his endless stream of tears as he spoke in a weak and broken tone.

"He cheated on me Hate... Why am I never good enough?" The other sighed lightly, his arms tightening as he hummed in attempts to calm the other.

"He was blind Classic. He never saw what he had. Come inside and let me get you something warm to drink, especially with this awful weather." A finger grazed his cheek lightly as Classic mustered a slight nod, allowing himself to be dragged inside. The door closed gently behind them as it was once more locked, sealing the warm atmosphere in as well.

The two made their way toward the bar as Classic took a seat, his head hitting the counters as he sighed heavily. Hate watched as he slipped into the back long enough to grab some coffee he'd brewed earlier. Pouring it into a mug, he placed the right amount of sugar and creamer that Classic desired. Mixing it, he walked back out before sliding the mug the other's way. Classic gave a short smile, one that warmed Hate's soul. Taking small sips, a light purr left him as his gaze met Hate's.

"You feeling slightly better?"

"Yeah. Sorry about that. Truth was, I saw it coming. He's been sly from the beginning, but I desperately wanted to believe I found my happiness." There was a nod of acknowledgement as Hate spoke up, his voice low and soothing.

"Understandable. But, please remember a relationship does not mean happiness. Happiness is where you feel alive. Where the whole world seems all the brighter and nothing can bring you down. This bar and our friendship is my happiness. I don't need anything else in my life because I am satisfied."