Classic Sans ✖ Bad Sanses

As a warning, there will be mentions of self-harm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nightmare's of the Broken

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Classic sat on the sofa silently as he read through the story he'd been working on for months. With his growing sleeping troubles, he had found his usual focus slipping. Often he made mistakes and they cost him greatly. One time in particular almost cost Nightmare his home. Since Classic didn't live with the bunch, his visits were important to the group. Of course, it never stopped them from making awful choices. Today just happened to be one of those. He had warned them that their usual routine was to be ended at a certain time, but here he was in the living room alone. He worried about the constant fights the group had with Ink and the others and while Classic knew they could hold their own, it also bothered him that sometimes destroying was more important. The group had promised to cherish him and often times they failed to present those words as a truth.

Frowning, Classic closed the book before rubbing his face. His sockets rested empty as his tired expression was growing more obvious with each day. Of course, the group hadn't noticed. How could they notice he was struggling to sleep and be himself when they weren't often times around. Most nights he attempted to sleep were fruitless and when he woke up in a cold sweat, no one noticed. It made him feel worthless at times. Like his health didn't matter for a single moment. He could feel his growing hunger rise to the surface, something he quickly choked down. It was late enough into the evening that he wasn't desiring food, nor was he in a state to make the others something. Odds of them eating elsewhere was pretty high. Tossing the book to the side, he moved slowly down the hall toward his own room. 

When he had first gotten together with the group, he was offered a space for him to remain when he visited. Of course, in the beginning he never stayed in his bed. Until recently, he slept with one of the others. Whether they were bored of him or just forgot he mattered meant little to him at this point. He was exhausted in every way and no one cared. Slipping into his own room, he closed the door softly before moving to the mattress. He slid onto it, wrapping himself in the blankets to gather warmth as he attempted to let himself sleep. One night was all he asked for. Just once, he wanted something good to happen to him in this world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He wasn't sure how long he had been sleeping, only that the sudden banging forced him to sit up. His vision swayed from the sudden whiplash, but he forced himself to stand. Voices rose up, cutting the silence like butter. Slipping from the room, he moved to where the lights all rested. His feet dragged along the carpet before he broke away from the hallways shadow. His gaze glanced to the few seated around the space, their focus never once shifting his way. Opening his mouth to speak, he nearly jumped hearing a voice directly behind him. 

"Nightmare, I thought you dealt with him already?" Confusion pressed to Classic as he took a long look to Error. The taller skeleton scowled, shoving past him. He was taken back as he remained silent, his sockets gathering tears at the sudden coldness from the bunch he loved.

"I didn't get the chance. Oi, Classic. Pack your shit." 

"Wha-?" He yelped as something shot passed him, glass hitting the wall before shattering. A singular socket narrowed as Nightmare rose from the couch, his smile creeping further up his face.