Chapter 5

Aaron got to Zak’s house and began ringing the doorbell as well as banging on the front door.   “Open up G!”   Eventually Zak came an answered the door. 

“Aaron?   What the hell dude?”

“We gotta talk G, now” Aaron said, pushing his way into Zak’s house.

“Aaron, man, I was in bed sleeping, dude.   Can’t this wait until morning?”

“Nope” Aaron said, sitting down on the sofa in Zak’s living room.    Aaron turned his tablet on and loaded up his Vlogs that contained Angie and Alex.

Zak walked around to join him on the sofa and saw that Aaron was pulling up some of his Vlog videos.   “Aaron, now’s really not the time to watch some Vlog videos.”

“Now’s the perfect time” Aaron said.    “Watching these might be the only way to make you remember.   And if you don’t remember, then Angie and Alex could be in big trouble.”

Before Zak could say anything his doorbell rang again.   Zak groaned and went to answer the door and found Billy standing there.   “Bill?  Not you too.”

Billy pushed his way into Zak’s house and sat down next to Aaron.   “Come on Zak” Billy said.

Zak was starting to get a little ticked off, as he shut his front door and walked over to the sofa.   “What in the hell are you two up to?”

“Just sit and watch” Billy said.    Reluctantly Zak sat down and Aaron started playing some Vlogs.

The Vlogs ranged from videos of when Zak and Angie were together before Jackie, to videos of Zak, Angie and Alex splashing around in Zak’s swimming pool.

The three guys sat watching the videos and Aaron and Billy noticed that Zak was staring intently at the screen.   “I know her” Zak said, pointing to Angie.   “I think.”

“Yeah Zak, you do know her” Billy said.

Zak looked up at him.   “How?   I mean she’s been in my dreams…well ever since I got out of the hospital in Dallas.   But that doesn’t explain how I know her.”

Just then Zak heard his Grandmother’s voice whisper into his ear.   “Remember watching your dreams.”   Zak jumped and began looking around for the source of that voice.

“G” Aaron said.  “What’s the matter bro?”

“Did you guys hear that?”

“Hear what?”  Billy asked.

“I just heard a female voice say remember watching your dreams.”   Zak said looking at his friends.   “You guys didn’t hear it?”   Aaron and Billy shook their heads.   “What’s weird is it sounded like my Grandmother.”

Aaron and Billy turned and stared at each other.   “What?”  Zak said.   “What is it?”

“It’s a long story Zak” Aaron said.   “But the short version is that it probably was your Grandmother.”

“What?   How?   I tried contacting her after she died.  I went to her house, to the cemetery….I got nothing….”

“I know bro” Aaron said.   “Like I said, it’s kind of a long story, and I promise we’ll tell it to ya, but right now Billy and I gotta help you remember Angie and Alex, cause they’re in trouble bro.”

Zak’s eyes widened, as the memory of the dream he was having before Aaron showed up came rushing back to him.   “Who’s Alex?”

“Angie’s daughter” Billy answered.    He and Aaron noticed the look on Zak’s face.