Chapter 10

Aziraphale sat cross legged on the bed with Crowley in front of him. The demon could see concern in the angel's eyes but decided to let the angel speak before he mentioned it.

Aziraphale held out the Ruby polished apple in his hand.  Crowley looked at it with a cynical look and spoke with a forced joke.

"Well this is a turn of events, trying to tempt the Serpent of Eden to eat the forbidden fruit?" Aziraphale sighed.

"I'm not trying to tempt you to anything Crowley." He argued, but his voice was weary and seemed on the verge of giving up. Crowley's eyebrows furrowed.

Aziraphale's mind hadn't stopped going since he woke up this morning. And now, all his fears were one again at the surface.

Gently, Crowley pushed the hand with the apple to the side to clearly see the Angel's face.

"Angel? Are you... Okay?" The angel lowered his hand. Weakly he smiled at the demon.

"Just fine dear."

"Don't lie to me Aziraphale." Crowley spoke with the gentlest voice. The angel sighed.

"Crowley... If this doesn't work, you'll get sick again and I'll have to take away your love all over again. If it does, it either means that the Almighty intentionally caused all this or you..." Aziraphale stopped abruptly and looked away.

"Or I don't love you?" The angel nodded hesitantly. Crowley watched the angel's fallen face for several moments. Eventually he made a decision. One he knew the angel wouldn't like.

The Serpent pulled the fruit from the angel's grip and placed it on the bedside table. He gently positioned his hand beneath Aziraphale's chin, gently stroking his thumb across the skin. He slowly pulled towards the blond, securing his lips on the angel's. Aziraphale's desperation was barely hidden from the demon.

"Let me prove it to you." Crowley whispered. Aziraphale's eyes shot open.

"What!? No!" The Angel snapped. "Absolutely not!"

"Aziraphale, the fruit is right there. All you have to do is feed it to me."

"Please Crowley... I can't go through that again."

"And I can't accept you doubting my love for you."

"Please don't make me do this all again."

"Angel, I will never force you to do anything. But I need you to understand that I love you. And look, there's no risk this time. If nothing happens, I'll eat the fruit of knowledge and my love for you from before will come back. If something does happen, take away my memories before feeding me the fruit of knowledge and I'll remember again anyway."

"Crowley..."

"No Zira, I won't let you risk going back into the Eden again, which means we've only got one more chance at this. If I eat the fruit before you know for certain, you'll keep doubting. Let me do this for you."

Silent tears fell down the angel's cheeks. Crowley frowned before leaning in an kissing the angel. Aziraphale whimpered lightly before pressing himself closer to the demon.

"Is that a yes?" Crowley whispered. Aziraphale nodded silently. The demon carefully pushed the Angel down onto the bed. He wiped away the tears that fell from the pale blue eyes.

"I promise you, everything will be okay. My love for you will be here until the end of time." Aziraphale reached up and pulled the demon closer to him. In fearful yet familiar motions, the angel raised the sides of the Demon's shirt to feel his skin.

"Please Crowley," Aziraphale whispered. "Don't leave me again." Crowley ran his fingers around Aziraphale's soft lines.

"Never Angel."

Moans tumbled from the angel's mouth as Crowley brought him to a place where their souls and hearts intertwined. The Demon was determined to worship every part of the angel's physical body before worshipping his spiritual body.

Aziraphale felt a powerful bliss filling his being. Crowley made him whole. There was no doubt about it. Aziraphale sought only his demon. In his eyes, there was nothing else that mattered. Nothing would ever matter to Aziraphale more than his beloved. He knew that now more than ever before.

And as Crowley watched ecstasy take over the angel's fears, he knew that seeing the angel so happy and so content, was the only way he'd ever be willing to see his Angel. And he'd lay his life down to ensure that Aziraphale would only ever be happy.

Eventually, Crowley collapsed into another much needed rest. Aziraphale however couldn't even think about sleeping. He just held himself as tightly as he could against the demon, waiting for everything to go wrong as it had done before.

Aziraphale panicked a few times as he listened to the demon murmur in his sleep, but would relax when the demon always appeared to be okay.