22

4 days after the visit...

Since the visit, Soo Ah was haunted by the longing look Geun Won gave her. It was exactly like how he appeared on the night Myung Do's cooking reminded her of him. But she acted as if nothing really bothered him. Geun Soo also never called her again after that.

While her thought wandered aimlessly nowhere, a new customer arrived with his wife. Looking at the newcomers, Soo Ah recognized the male customer. He is former highschool friend,oh, more precisely, one of Geun Won's minion. The "minion" also recognized Soo Ah, it seemed. He froze mid-way to find the seats. The female customer looked at Soo Ah anxiously and shakes the male customer's hand and motion for them to find seats.

Once seated, Lee Sang Hoon looked at his pouty wife. He smiles endearingly and holds his wife's hand.

"Jagiya~do you remember the story I told you about my high school years?" while maintaining eye contact with his wife. He doesn't mind to repeat the story all over again to his wife now. He didn't expect her to remember that story anyway for he told her about it for quite some time already.

To his surprise, his wife's eyes become round with shock and nods firmly. Her looks changed from jealousy to pity towards Soo Ah. He then asked to speak to Soo Ah personally. The wife understands and let him.

She knows how important this is for his husband. He always sighed whenever he watched or read news about his former high school friend, the rich kid...and other names as well. She couldn't quite remember the names. But she remembered the story well. She grew sympathy towards all people in his husband's story. What an unlucky fate.

For Lee Sang Hoon, he is now a district police officer. Just recently transferred there last month. Since his wife is pregnant, he wanted to start everything with good karma.

Soo Ah does not understand exactly why Sang Hoon (a.k.a The Squid as he was known during the school years) approached him and motioned to a secluded space in her bar. Both walked silently but Soo Ah looked behind warily to see the female customer looked at both of them. She is surprised that the female customer's look have changed to somewhat of pity.

Squinting her eyes, something ugly emerged it's head in Soo Ah's heart. That ugly thing is seething with rage and malice...what right does she have to PITY her? It has been quite some time that people look at her with pity like that. Last time it was during high school. She swallowed that look bitterly back then because she knew she had nothing. This bar is hers, for God's sake! She doesn't need pity anymore!

"What do you want to talk about?" Soo Ah went asking straight to the point. She knows, she should not be like this towards her customer. But she can't help it. Lee Sang Hoon was one of Geun Won's minion.

Hearing how cold Soo Ah is asking him, Lee Sang Hoon sighed again. He could guess that everything is still not resolved yet. And that stupid Jang Geun Won has never used the "card" he should use to gain Soo Ah's affection. Not even a hint, he thinks, judging how even he had to receive some of Soo Ah's hatred just because he was Jang Geun Won's minion.

He explained by reminiscing the old school days. He first asked Soo Ah if she remembers Joo Ha Ni. She did. Joo Ha Ni liked to pick on her and attempted to bully her, but somehow always restrained doing so and almost always failed to physically hurt her. She suddenly moved to another school in the mid-semester, a year before senior year. It has caused quite a gossip.

And asked if she remembered Ho Jin. Of course she is. She nodded but did not elaborate that she's not only remembers him, she is still in contact with Ho Jin after all the drama few years back.

Lee Sang Hoon suddenly asked if she visited Geun Won. He is a policeman, of course he knew all the chaos that happened at Jangga Co. and Geun Won. But looks like he didn't know anything that happened afterwards. Again, Soo Ah feigned ignorance and just said she didn't.