27

It's nice. The sound of the soft night winds from nearby mountains coming through in between blades of grass. It's fingers weaving through leaves from the cherry blossoms around the building. The sweet smell was brought to the building, flushing out the sharp alcohol smell and replaced it with clean earthy smell.

In his embrace, she could smell his distinct musky smell, albeit very faintly. Thanks to his hospital gown that smelt overly hygienic. His big frame completely engulfed her with his protective arms around her torso. His unstirred breath showed that he's still deep asleep. She's also completely aware that they are sharing the same blanket, and they are spooning on the hospital bed.

It's still very dark outside, maybe it's 5am in the morning. She knew nobody would find them like that. But, what if someone did find them like that? Would she mind? No. She no longer cared. She's at peace.

She felt safe and protected from the storm in her own head. The storm was silenced and she slept peacefully. But now she's awake. There's a slight distance between her and his body. She nudged closer to feel his warmth.

Geun Won was also awake with her movements. He tightened his embrace despite still being half- conscious. Soo Ah leaned her head to Geun Won's chest and closed her eyes for a while more. His heart beat sounds was another thing that soothed her own thunderous heart. He kissed her crown lightly.

"You're awake?... It's still very dark outside. Sleep some more." His husky morning voice tingling her ears.

"I can't." She answered simply while still closing her eyes.

"Wae? Bad dreams?" Geun Won started to sound worried.

Yesterday, she cried for hours until collapsed. Dr. Lee Kang checked on her and Geun Won asked if they would allow her to sleep with him that night. Dr. Lee even offered to call his wife to accompany Soo Ah, but he refused. He didn't want her to be awake at an unfamiliar place with a person she barely knows after such shitty feelings.

"Aniya...I simply had a peaceful sleep. Having a giant teddy bear engulfing me must be the secret to it." She smiled at the end of her words. Jang Geun Won. A teddy bear. Engulfing her, Oh Soo Ah. Who would've thought these three phrases would fit in one sentence one day?

Hearing that, Geun Won chuckled. It's funny for him too. Who would've thought he would hear it from her, ever?

"Geun Won-ah..."

"Hmmm?"

"Thank you."

"Now you're breaking the rule." Geun Won teased her.

Soo Ah chuckled.

"Geun Won-ah..."

"Ne...?"

"Hug me like this until sunrise. Would you?"

He didn't answer her. But his arms embraced her tighter.

"Geun Won-ah..."

"Hmmm?"

"Let's go for the outing you wanted today?"

She could feel his whole body went rigid.

"Are you serious?" He can't believe his ears. Just yesterday evening he was denied and yet, she's the one offering it to him now?

"Yes. Let's go to our high school, searched  the wall I climbed back then and left some mark there... Oh, don't forget to leave some donation money afterwards as a compensation for our vandalism. Let's not be found out by any teacher while doing that. And have a sleepover at your apartment for one night. You cook your special kimchi jjigae for me. And we watch the Scandal Makers movie together. Then we go around town down the hill before we return here. How does that sound?"

Again, he is speechless.

Not hearing his response for quite a while, she shifted her body and now looked at him squarely. He still looked at her, bewildered.

A smile cracked on her face.

"I'm not joking. Let's do that. I'll sign the paper. Let's go for the outing please? Would you let me accompany you for the outing?"

Geun Won could feel something tugged at his heartstring when he saw her brilliant, hopeful smile. His eyes were hot and he felt it became watery.

"Yes. And yes. Yes, Soo Ah ya... Gumawo. Really...thank you.."

He pulled him to his embrace once again. Only this time, Soo Ah was facing him and she pulled him to her embrace too.