24

5 days went by since Geun Won woke up. His health miraculously became much better under Soo Ah's tender care. Both of them are actually still very awkward in each other's company, but they were always rescued by Nurse Kang and Chae Young's presence. In fact, all other nurses seem to be hand in hand in making merry whenever it's their round. They helped explaining some basic things she needs to know about taking care of terminally ill patients.

Her heart broke whenever Geun Won unable to stomach his meal. She could remember vividly how she had to plead him to finish just another few spoons. Looks like it won't be the last.

Soo Ah will make sure they enjoy the sunrise and sunset. Geun Won's condition has improved, but still not cleared for a walk outside. She would take note on the therapist's coaching to help ease the joints and muscles pain that most cancer patients are vulnerable to. At night, both of them will talk about the recipes they got from the crews via the restaurant's chatroom. After Geun Won has fallen asleep, she'll return to the inn.

The inn was actually Dr. Lee Kang's childhood home. Thanks to his wife, Soo Ah was offered to stay there as long as she likes, because that house is always empty for the last quarter of the year anyway. People would only enjoy staying there during good seasons.

Drying her hair, Soo Ah reminisced on the old days. That sweet old days where they had nothing to worry aside from their exams, homeworks and...university prospects. At least it was blissful until the final year when everything turned upside down. Her smile fades, she realized that both her and Geun Won haven't really talked about their issues afterwards.

Never, in her wildest imagination that Jang Geun Won is actually such gentle being. His smile, his voice and even the way he always thanks and apologized to the nurses. She whined to Geun Won the other day on how Myeong Do has called her non-stop to demand where she is now, and make sure Soo Ah is still their boss. That kid kept saying their new boss's head is so shiny it annoyed him...just right when that boss-with-head-too-shiny was right behind that kid. Geun Won chuckles hearing that, making Soo Ah's heart skips a beat. She could never imagine Geun Won could be a pleasant company. Or,was she totally blinded by her hatred towards him?

She thinks, it is. Recalling their old days, Geun Won's mien has always been different towards her. Nobody in the school would be spared if they behaved as she was towards Geun Won. But she was spared, and based on what The Squid told her, she was even protected.

Would things be different if she showed him kindness back then? Like how Saeroyi taught her kindness at the first place?