Give Me A Break

Caroline's pov

"Breakfast." I say turning. "Is Served." I place to plates of pancakes in front of the twins and then a blood smoothies in front of Izzie. "Thanks." They all say unenthusatic. "Hey I know you're worried about going back to school but it'll be fine." "We're not worried." Joise said. "We just don't want to go." Izzie added. "Why?" "Because it sucks..." Lizzie said. "Everyone is either like... I'm so sorry for your lost." "Or You were the girl who almost died right." "Your royal highness." "It's Bull." They say in unison after mocking students at the school. "Language." "We didn't finish the sentance." I hear Lizzie say under her breath.

"Eat up and then I'll drive you to school." I tell the three of them knowing we'd have to leave soon to be on time. "If my mum says I can stay home with Damon can I?" Izzie asked hopeful. "If she's staying here I'm staying too." "And me." "No you're all going." I hear them all sigh my back still to them as I clean the little mess I made with breakfast.

"I think I'm coming down with a cough." Izzie fake coughed. "You don't get sick you're a vampire." "Werewolf bite?" "You're a Tribrid doesn't count." I can just picture her rolling her eyes. "You've had three days off." "Exactly now it's friday so whats the point in go back might as well start fresh next week." Josie tried. "No." I turned back to look at them they all looked pretty bummed.

"If you get your Mom and your dad to agree you can stay home with Stef and Damon for one more day but after the weekend you're back at school." I say not being able to take their sad little faces. They hurried off to call their respective parents. I of course double checked. Hayley was pretty chill about it Rick was harder to convince but he did in the end say yes. 

So I left for the school with an empty car leaving my husband in charge of the three teens that have been in bed for the passed week. After Hayley found out what happened with Elijah she went to find Klaus. And she also had some explaining to do to the wolves so she was sorting that out too. Isabella had wanted to go with her but Hayley thought it would be best for her to stay put incase anything went wrong. 

And Lizzie got sometime to recover and Josie wanted to stay by her side. I do understand what they mean though everyone at school had been coming up to them prior to the game saying how sorry they where for MG passing and it wasn't helping them in the slightest. And now it's even worse with what happened at the football game.

---------------

When I got home I was expecting the girls to be in their room but instead they were in the kitchen sat at the island doing their work... Something was up. Stef and Damon were both helping them. "What's going on here then?" I asked putting my bag on the counter beside Josie. I kissed the top of her head. "Oh hey mom." She said with a smile. 

"The girls wanted help with their homework." "Since when did you two do Homework?" I asked refering to Izzie and Lizzie who did anything to get out of doing work. "We do our homework just inbetween thrid and forth period is all." Lizzie defends. "We wanted to show you that we appreciate you allowing us some slack and we didn't want you to regret doing that." Josie said speaking for them all. 

"And you two are in on this?" I asked refering to the over grown idiots. "They needed help in history." "And they're like super old they lived through it." Izzie said. "More reliable than a book." Lizzie added. "I'm not that old." Stefan defend. "Yeah , yeah grampa." Lizzie said shushing him. 

"We also made brownies." Joise said pointing to the glass cake stand full of chocolat brownies that still looked warm. "And they have offered to cook dinner." All three of them looked at Damon they defiently didn't say that. But smiled at me and nodded regardless. Something was off. 

"We better get started on dinner then." "They drink blood we literally ju-" Lizzie nudged Izzie to shut up. "If we cook we stop doing this." "Oh I finished it. Here." She handed her the paper and lizzie copied her answers. Good to know how they keep their . average the exact same. I allowed it at least the work was getting done.