Stay Mummy

"Not now I'm happy... I have friends who understnad me... I have teachers who are improving my skills and I have a family that don't turn their back on each other when the going gets tough... I have this boy that I really like and things are good! Like good for once and we're running because Dad died? Peopel die mum... it's the circle of this fucked up life." I was in shock that my daughter was coming out with this. She objected to every change in the pass but she would give in after a few minutes and we'd move. Or the change would be made. But she didn't want to leave.

What type of mom would I be if I took her away from her happiness? This town is shity and fucked up and everyone gets hurt or dies a horrible death but she's happy here. She was happy even when everything was hard. When she thought I died, when her dad died, when her anger got too much, when she felt everything and nothing, when her friends were in trouble, when her family left her, she found happiness here. 

I looked at her in shock. my mouth moved but no words were finding their way out. "You want to run then run... But you'll be leaving me behind this time mum... I'm 19 soon I'm an adult." "Isabella can we talk about this elsewhere please?" I ask her calmly. "Why? Because you're embaressed I'm standing up for myself? Because I'm not as perfect as you and Dad thought i was?" "You're perfect baby... You're my perfect baby girl and you always will be." I tell her firmly. "You just don't understand, this town is no good for us... for you." "Then way bring me here in the first place?" She asked. I noticed Stefan still had his hands on her shoulders, typically when she ot this annoyed at something the room would be a mess the house may even be collapsing but he seemed to have a hold on her. He was just containing it, or reminding her to contain it. Probably to save the sturcture of his house. "Because it was the only place I knew you'd be safe." "Why aren't I 'safe' here anymore?" I shook my head. "Isabella you're a vampire... You're a werewolf. When I left you weren't any of them things." "No? Because I beleive I was? They were always in me mum they were screaming to get out and to make you happy I kept a lid on it. But It's who I am. It's who you are. You raised me as wolf trained me as a witch and showed me love like a Vampire... You want me to turn my back on that then fine." Her eyes went black, the soft brown colour was dull and she was angry but the yellow never glew like it used to. And with a stomp of her foot everything came flying off the walls. 

"I'll be a witch... Witches don't belong in creeks, they don't wear crowns and they certainly don't care about the lives of their friends or family. According to witches, you're a freak of nature. When you die you stay dead!" This wasn't my daughter... "So mum... if I wasn't" The winds stopped and things reverted to their orignal places on the walls and coffee table. "A wolf or a vampire I would be a dark and bitter bitch... I haven't changed mum... I'm just not scared anymore." Her eyes went back to the soft brown, the light hitting them in just a way that they look like honey. "You taught me to fight, so I'll fight... I'm not running scared because someone wants to come to my home and bully me out... It's not what a Mikealson would do and I'm sure as hell it's not what a Marshall would do so why? Why are we running?" She asked desperately. Stef's hands went back on her shoulders and he squeezed them slightly relaxing her with ease. 

"It hurts Isabella... I first met your father here and it hurts knowing he's not there. Waking up in our house that is empty... Walking down the streets where he is no longer." "How do you think it felt waking up and being all alone, all those times you and dad would just up and leave because something so important came up? I sucked up and I got on with my fricking life... Shit happens. Kol would say... People die mum. People die everywhere just because you're here or at the creek it doesn't stop it frim happening. You will be at the creek and it will hurt just as much when you look in the mirror and don't see him behidn you. Trust I know. Life sucks, people die, people leave things happen..." When did she get so wise, so strong, so independant? "Mikealson's talk about family, but they hadn't a clue what a true family is... They left me to fight Mikeal alone... But these people here, they stuck around and help and sacrficed them self to save me! Thats family, not blood, not a promise. Family is action proving you'll be there when it matters." I took a deep breath. "You were my family... you are my family mum... you're my everything... but if you leave... if you leave me or make me leave my family you're just as bad as the rest of them... And I love them but they haven't got a clue... So walk away like the rest of them or be my mum that I know you are and stay and fight. I know it's hard mum." Was my daughter tearing up? "But stay and fight the pain... for me... please... I don't want to leave... Stay mummy... Please stay."