Chaper Fifteen

Shawn's POV

When we finally got home, Ali was swaying on her feet.

"You okay?" I asked, gently grasping her arm to steady her.

"I'm just gonna go upstairs for a bit." She pointed to the stairs.

Her eyelashes fluttered and I placed a gentle hand on her lower back.

"I'm really really tired." Ali explained, heading up the stairs.

It was almost 4 o'clock, and she's tired already. I'm so glad I'll never be pregnant. I thought, laughing to myself.

Making sure I locked the door, I headed up the stairs after Allison.

When I got to the bedroom, she was standing in front of the mirror in the closet. She was wearing a black sports bra and red flannel pajama pants. Her long brown hair was in a messy bun on the top of her head. She didn't notice me as I crept into the room. I saw her examining her belly in the reflection. There was a slight bump, her stomach was no longer flat like it used to be.

My heart fell when I heard her heartbreaking sigh. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. I could tell she was frustrated from the tenseness of her back and shoulder muscles. Ali covered her face with her hands, mumbling something I couldn't quite hear. Then I heard her say the same thing again, which completely shattered my heart.

"Why am I so ugly? Why can't I be pretty like all the other girls? How can Shawn even love me when I look like this?" Her sobs shook her whole body.

"Allison?" I asked, jerking forward towards her.

She stopped crying and look up at me. Tears ran down her face and I could see the sadness in her eyes.

"Allison? Do you really think that?" I asked again, entering the closet.

She covered her face with her hands again and turned away from me. Her cries echoed throughout the room. I was completely silent, I didn't know what to say. I can't believe she thinks that!

"Allison." I whispered, stepping close to her.

When she didn't respond, I lightly ran my hand over her shoulder. Her soft skin was warm and comforting.

"Allison, baby girl, come here."

She turned into the circle of my arm, leaning her tear stained face against my chest. I gently rubbed my hands up and down her back. Her crying seemed to get slightly quieter. She took her hands off of her face and wrapped her arms around my waist. Her whole tiny body was pressed against mine. Ali's overpowering smell was intoxicating. She smelled of roses, coconut, vanilla, bubblegum, and slightly of the doctors office. Finally her breathing was steady and she stopped crying.

"Allison, do you really think you're ugly?" I felt her nod against my chest.

"Why? Why would you think that? You are the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my life. You are perfect inside and out. I can't believe you think you're not beautiful! Allison, everything about you is beautiful. And you said how could I love someone like you? Well Allison, I'm in love with you, everything you do is so captivating and irresistible. From the color of your eyes to the way you kiss me. The softness of your hair and the smell of your skin. The feeling I get when I fall asleep next you and wake up with you beside me. It's like no other feeling in the world. Allison, you complete me. You mean the world to me, and it wouldn't matter if you looked like a hairless Siamese cat with orange teeth!" I paused as she slightly giggled at that.

"I would still love you no matter what you look like! It doesn't matter what anybody thinks of you, only what I do, and what you think of you. Allison, you're not ugly, nothing about you is ugly. I love you so much and I need you to believe me. You are beautiful, my angel." I finished, feeling a little breathless.