Chapter Twenty-Four

Shawn's POV

We had eaten lunch and then gone straight home. Ali had complained of a headache, and that her feet hurt really bad. As soon as we got home, she had plopped down in front of the TV and started watching Pretty Little Liars.

I had cooked her dinner and she had gone to bed. I stayed up writing songs and working on my wedding vows.

My eyes felt tired and I curled up on the couch. I felt Aubree jump up on my lap. Her soft fur brushed against my arm, and she meowed. I laughed and ran my finger over her tiny head. She began to purr, the noise slowly lulled me to sleep.

A loud sharp scream pulled me from my sleep. Immediately, I knew it was Allison. Getting up from the couch, I almost tripped when I got tangled in the blanket that was slung over my legs. The early morning light was seeping through the windows.

"OH MY GOD!!!" I heard Allison scream again.

My eyes widened and I finally snapped out of it and ran to the kitchen where I had heard the scream come from. Allison was standing by the fridge, holding a cup half filled with water. She had a look of pure terror on her face.

"What? What happened? What's wrong?" My heart pounded in my chest. I suddenly grew extremely worried.

She looked at me, then down at the floor. I gathered her in my arms, she was shaking.

"Allison! Tell me what's wrong!" I demanded.

Allison turned her head and looked at me with those stunning blue eyes. The fear in her eyes was prominent and it scared me. When she spoke, the words that came out of her mouth made my blood run cold and goosebumps raise on my arms.

"I think my water just broke."