Epilogue

Allison's POV

"Rosalina Grace Mendes! Get your ass down here right now!"

I heard Rose's door open and slam shut. Her purposely heavy footsteps echoed throughout the quiet house.

"What mum?" Rose asked, rolling her eyes as she stopped at the foot of the stairs.

"I told you not to go out last night. You know the rules! Not on a school night, you couldn't have waited until tonight?" I scolded her. "Plus you're giving your brother a bad example!"

Rose sighed and plopped down on the stairs.

Her slightly curly dark brown hair, just like mine, almost reached her waist now. She had natural brown streaks/highlights the color of Shawn's hair. Rose's brilliant blue eyes would have been identical to mine, if not for the brown specks you could see in them up close.

"Just because you are fifteen now does not mean that you can go anywhere you want."

Rose snapped her bubble gum.

"Yes mother, I understand." Rose sneered.

"Oh really? You wanna have an attitude with me? I'll call your father!" I threatened.

"That's not much of a threat mum, dad wouldn't hurt a fly. You're more intimidating than him. And guess what? I'm not afraid of either of you." Rose abruptly stood and walked backed into her bedroom.

"Of course you aren't." I said angrily.

I walked into the living room, sitting down on the soft couch. My dear old cat, Aubree, jumped up onto my lap.

I gently brushed my finger across her head. I sighed and gazed across the room. There was a line of Rosalina's school pictures from kindergarten to grade 10 which she's in now.

There was a picture of all three of us in the hospital bed the day she was born. It was resting on the small table in the corner of the room by a window. Kristen had taken it a few hours after I had given birth to Rosalina.

{Flashback}

"It's a girl." The doctor announced.

A huge smile spread across my face. I looked at Shawn and he had tears in his eyes.

"A girl." I whispered.

We both laughed with relief that our baby was okay.

"I can't believe it! I'm a dad." Shawn exclaimed.

The nurse came over to us, holding a bundle of pink blankets with a tiny baby wrapped inside. The nurse gave me a kind smile and handed her to me. I cradled her in my arms and Shawn leaned in. When I first looked into her eyes, I knew that nothing could ever make me feel any better. I made this human being with the one I love. It was hard to wrap my head around. Then I started to cry.

Shawn wiped my tears and put his arm around me.

"She's so beautiful," He stated, "Just like you."

"What do you want to name her, Shawn?" I asked, gazing up at him.

"Whatever you want, angel."

"I've always wanted to name my daughter Rosalina. Can we name her Rosalina?" I suggested.

Shawn kissed me on the forehead. "Of course we can, that's a beautiful name. I think Grace is a good middle name, don't you think?"

I smiled down at my beautiful sleeping baby. Our baby. Rosalina Grace. Rosalina Grace Mendes.

{End of Flashback}

I snapped back to reality when the front door closed loudly. I heard footsteps then Shawn appeared in the doorway.

"Hi baby," he said cheerfully. "What's wrong?"

Shawn immediately sat down next to me and gathered me in his arms.

It wasn't until he wiped my tears away did I realize that I was crying.

"Ali?" Shawn asked.

I turned and grabbed the back of his neck, pulling our faces together. I could taste my salty tears in our kiss. Shawn seemed surprised at first, because he didn't respond instantly. After I shifted so I was on his lap, he seemed to snap out of it. Shawn snaked his arms around my waist, pressing his palms against my back. I tugged at the collar of his jacket. With one quick motion, it was off of him and on the living room floor.

"Rose is upstairs." I managed to get out in separate breaths as Shawn trailed his lips down my jaw and my neck.

"She won't hear, as long as we be quiet." Shawn gently brushed my hair to the side and lightly skimmed his lips against my collarbone.

My fingers gripped his biceps and drew him closer to my body. I grabbed his face between my hands to look into his kind brown eyes. Almost twenty years together and he still took my breath away.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too my beautiful beautiful angel." Shawn smiled and pressed a sweet gentle kiss to my lips.

As I was about to deepen the kiss, I heard running footsteps enter the living room. Shawn and I quickly jumped apart. I peered over Shawn's shoulder to see our little boy staring wide eyed at us.

Oh shit. I thought. He is scarred for life.

"Mum?Dad?" His cute little face scrunched up in disgust.

I quickly scrambled to stand up while trying to pat down my hair. Shawn had pulled my shirt to the side and now his eyes widened, he signaled for me to cover what were probably hickies all over my neck. I moved my hair to try my best to cover my neck. I don't think it worked very well.

"Honey, you weren't supposed to be home for another couple of hours." I said in a soothing voice, as I approached our son.

I felt Shawn's hand on my back.

"Tommy got sick so his mom had to bring me home early."

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked, pressing my hand against his forehead.

"I'm fine, I just really wish I hadn't seen that!" He gestured to Shawn and I.

Oops.

"Sorry about that, why don't you go get your sister and we can go out for dinner tonight." Shawn said.

"Wait!" I yelled just as he left the room.

He ran back in.

"What?" He asked.

I leaned down to kiss him on the top of his head.

"I love you Jack."

"I love you too mum!" His voice getting softer as his footsteps echoed throughout the house and he ventured farther and farther away from us.