Part 1

All Thomas wanted was solitude and to pay for his crimes in peace. Even though he did not speak a word to Lucille since the day she coldly took his life, he assumed she wanted the same. Though he did not think her remorseful, quite the opposite. He had seen her way of dealing with intruders. Causing accidents and injuries so foul they would turn even the strongest stomach.

He never interfered. He never wanted to run into Lucille ever again. That was until SHE arrived.

One morning Thomas sat in his study, wiling away the dull and lifeless day as what was the norm from his afterlife when he heard a noise from the drive.

Looking outside, he saw what he knew from past visitors was a car. They had changed much since his day, but this one was peculiar to say the least.

A green colour, which seemed to emit some sort of noise of a woman wailing- no, shouting a song through it. He listened to the woman singing, it wasn't the driver no it seemed to be exited from the vehicle itself. My, they have come far. He watched curiously as it stopped just outside the door and a woman stepped out of the vehicle. She was rather a little tall, at 5'7 that was tall in his day for a lady. She wore the shortest dress he had ever seen, her knees and thighs were on show, which anyone with blood would blush at. She looked smart though, like she was dressed to impress. She leaned on her car, auburn hair tumbling over her shoulders as she drank from a paper cup, steam rising. He got a faint smell of coffee in the air, something he was never too keen on in life but would give anything to drink now.

She made the beverage look positively delicious as he watched her lips drink it in. He found his eyes trailing her body in what would have been considered rude back when he was alive, but the sight of her, so scandalous and sensual, he felt something he hadn't for a long time. Desire.

As I looked up at the building, I could feel the energy that was built up inside the house and was buzzing with excitement.

"You must be Y/N?" Came a voice. "Oh, Mr. Gorman? Yes thank you for meeting me" I replied. Mr. Gorman was the care taker of the old place and had managed to maintain most of the structure but there were still major issues. I had agreed to keep him on as caretaker when I fully opened, and I found him a kind and agreeable man who I got on with.

"Remind me, what are you planning to use this place for?" He asked.

"Hotel and wedding venue? A gothic building like this could really be a fantastic venue for alternative/vintage weddings and the history of the place... Well. It's just so interesting!"

"It is that Miss Y/N, you know my family worked on this house for years? My great great grandfather was a Postal Clerk in the town, he actually met the last inhabitants!' He smiled and put on a ghoulish voice, 'And they never leeeeeeft!"

I laughed then turned as your familiar jumped out of the car, a grey cat with emerald green eyes. Malefic had been with me for some time, I had met him after pledging myself to the dark path. He was in want of a witch and I, a familiar. I discovered we had mutual interests in the magical world, and it became a partnership rather than a master/servant relationship which was more popular within the community I was brought up in.

"And this is Malefic, he will be the resident pest repellent and all round floof about the house."

Mr. Gorman smiled and gave Malefic a pet. 'Well, lovely to meet you young sir!' He greeted Malefic but quickly got uncomfortable when Malefic appeared to give him a slight nod in acknowledgement.