Part 15: 29th OCTOBER

Today is the day I kill that witch. The Warlock mused to himself as he busied himself over his man of sticks he had created.

He stitched into it his intensions and hatred into every piece of fabric. Lucile watched him carefully, he had worked tirelessly to create this being and she was confused as to why. Very little did he let her know the method to his madness, and thisnwas no different.

He stepped back inspecting his work
He smiled like a proud father looking at a newborn. Then he did something even more strange, he produced a small knife and plunged it into his side.

"What are you doing?!" Lucille yepled and flailed her arms madly, she didn't care much for him but didn't want him dead, her mission was too important.

"Calm yourself, it is necessary. For me to create life I must sacrafice a part of myself." He winced as his hands dug into his side, pulling away at muscle and sinew. There was a sickening snap and Lucille looked on in disgust and horror as he produced a boneand continued to stitch it into the monster's body.

"It will do as I say now, and will do my bidding as and how I wish."
He smiled as he cast his bloody trembling hand over the stick man.

Animatis hoc lignum corpus,
Da eis formam et affectum.
Facere iussionem meam
Facere incipit!

The man of straw jolted and drew breath, heaving into life. It had no eyes but seemed to see everything, turning its cloth head this way and that.

"Hello, welcome to the land of the living. You're having problems adjusting that's only natural. But do as your told and you will have no problems at all." The Warlock helped it to stand, and walked it about the room.

"This will do our bidding?" Lucille asked.
"MY bidding. Just as you do Lucille. And if he doesn't?"

The Warlock twisted his hand into his side and the straw man roared in pain. Lucille felt disgusted, this thing felt pain like a human, but the only pain jt would feel was what was inflicted by its master.

"Now, I am gonna take you into a nice house... and you are gonna do something for me. You're gonna see a girl."

Lucille swallowed hard. This beast was terrifying, and she pitied the girl for a moment, and the thought being at its mercy.

_____☆●☆_____

I walked around the shared spaces, tbe library and foyer handling flower deliveries for the hotel, and managed to get my new booking system in order. I was pleased, the hotel now was at full capacity. There were 8 maids, two bell boys and a full wait staff on rotation as well as a kitchen crew.

Many had relocated for the job and
I had used a little magic on my posting to ensure the best results. I even managed to employ a shoe shine kid, a gimmick really for the die hard history fans, every Saturday morning a kid from the village would shine shoes for a wage, just for a couple of hours. It was cute and people seemed to respond on Instagram and the Facebook page.

But now it was Friday, it was the calm before the storm, before everyone flocked to the new and improved Crimson Peak. Sebastian had stayed out of my way, and Thomas continued to lurk in the shadows, waiting for my forgiveness. He wasn't gonna get it so easy, he had to work for it.

I also took to wearing my sexiest work outfit, a beige skin tight pencil skirt with a check design and dark maroon rollneck. The skirt really showed the curve of my arse and the roll neck really was tight and hugged my figure just so. I could feeling him watching me even when he was hidden, I was that bonded to him now we could sense each other.