Part 20: All Souls

"It's not difficult Christopher, I have been dead 150 years and I can manage it!" Thomas huffed. Not because Y/N was heavy, in life he knew he was able to lift her, but dead she was literally a dead weight . Christopher was retching as the sight of her wounds.

He picked up her lifeless body with Thomas and and they gently carried her to the garden.

"I still don't understand how this will help?" Christopher said with a stumped look on his face.
"The witches will do their work, and she will be rejuvenated. Of at least that's the plan."
He admitted to himself it sounded like a stupid one at that, if this dirt could raise the dead he surely would have heard others who had used it, it would be in all the papers!

They carefully walked her down, Christopher at her feet and Thomas at holding her shoulders and head, he didn't trust Christopher not to drop her head and damage her even more. Another wound would probably do no more harm, but he couldn't be sure so he wanted to keep her just as she was.

The greenhouse was empty as they approached, and Thomas swung the door open to quickly get to the pre dug hole that Seb and the other witches had created, they placed her into the makeshift grave.
"What now?" Christopher asked. He seemed to ask a lot of questions with obvious answers but Thomas paid him no heed, he began burying Y/N and without any more questions, so did Christopher.

__________________

My eye were stinging and my head was pounding like a jack hammer as I began to stir in my sleep. It must have been one hell of a party.

Suddenly it hit me, the memories flooding back, Liam, the Knife, the dinner and party, myself and Thomas in the drawing room, getting ready in the morning, but most importantly the Knife.

I darted up, sitting erect gasping for air as I felt dust and dirt fly about my face and get stuck in my hair. I felt arms fly around me and I struggled for freedom and to escape my captor. I coughed and spluttered as I squirmed in this persons arms and them turned to see Seb and Christopher. Christopher looked almost green as he stared wide eyed at me, and I looked down at my hands which were covered with blood. My costume too, caked in it, as well as dirt. I realised it was Thomas holding me and quickly threw my arms around him as I held him back, all my fears and anxiety waning in the comfort of his arms.

"Liam, he-"

"I know, love. I know." Thomas reassured and rocked me for a moment or two. I looked up to Chris, who's face looked ashy and pale as though he had been up half of the night, and then realise they had. They all had. Looking up into the sky I could see it was beginning to lighten as the sky turned a Turkish Delight pink. "How long was I-"

"Five and a half hours, but it felt longer." Thomas whispered. I felt his tight embrace and began to cry silently, his hand stroked the back of my head, lulling me into comfort. I looked again to Chris as we pulled away, Thomas held out his hand to help me stand. I had never been dead before, and I found the experience as a whole confusing and terrifying. "And what is he doing here?" I said crossly. His brother was the cause of all this upset, I didn't really want to see him at my fake funeral. "He has agreed to help us. He believes he can reach his brother, we should give him a chance Y/N." Thomas insisted. I didn't want anything to do with him, and as I stood there feeling sick from the 'rising sickness' as Seb had called it, I wanted him out of my sight. I was about to say as much, when I began throwing up dirt, a side affect from the newly erected Lazarus pit.

"I don't owe you anything. How could you not stop him, how could you not know what your brother was doing?" I felt the heat of anger rise in me like bile, he looked at me with red teary eyes that seemed to begg for some kind of forgiveness. "Don't you think I know this? I have just found out that my brother is a murderer, and has been killing women- correction, witches and being an out and out freak. All I want to do is to get him out of here and get him help. Please, help me, I helped you."

The Witch Of Crimson PeakOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara