Part 5

🌶️Spice Warning!🌶️

This chapter is a lil' bit spicy!

____________________________

It had been a long day, and I decided to go out into the town to get some much needed supplies. I had just ordered a new fridge freezer for the kitchen, so it was time to fill it up.
I went to the local supermarket and began filling up my basket with chips, dip and a couple of frozen pizzas. I looked into the spoils of my shop. Oh my god, it looks so sad... and pathetic! I rolled my eyes and went over to the fresh food aisle and picked up some fruits and veggies, might as well start getting my 'that girl' photos on social media, my insta was gonna look sick!
I packed up my shopping bags and went out to the car. I sat in the drivers seat and turned the heat on, feeling a little chilly. Looking up into the rear-view I saw something that made me scream... Lucille. I heard a loud bang and jumped out of the car. Looking back inside the car I saw she had disappeared then looked down to see my tyre had been slashed. Bitch! That FUCKING BITCH!

"Oooh shit, that's not good..." I turned to see Chris driving towards me.
"Chris... Hi... what are you doing here?"
"Well, it is a supermarket. And I buy food and loo roll so..." he retorted cheekily and I started laughing.
"Yeah, I guess you do. You don't have the number of a Kwik Fit do you?"
"Unfortunately not. But I can give you a lift?"

I agreed, there was no way I was going to be able to get all this shopping back home and without it melting. The car journey back was a little awkward. I started to realise I had little fear from him, I mean I am a witch for god's sake! He was just a guy. He turned on the radio, Bad Moon Risin' by Credence Clearwater came floating through the airwaves.

"I see the bad moon a-rising
I see trouble on the way
I see earthquakes and lightnin'
I see bad times today" Chris started singing and I looked at him, cringing away.

He started singing it like an OTT country western star, it cracked a laugh from me. So I joined in:

"Don't go around tonight
Well it's bound to take your life
There's a bad moon on the rise"

Maybe I was wrong about him? I thought.

We laughed together as we reached the house, he unpacked all my things and took them to my kitchen. "Well I gotta say, thanks you are a real life saver!"

"Yeah, no bother. Always happy to help a damsel who is not in distress but could use a hand."

"Thanks, and you and your brother, your team are really amazing what you have managed to do."

"Ah it's alright, just leave us a good review, Hemsworth co. On google yeah?"

We talked a little about the work, and I began getting a little tired.
"Thank you again for the lift. Good job they can pick it up, it was due it's MOT anyway. I guess I will see you tomorrow?"
I thought I was being obvious but clearly I wasn't cause he wasn't for leaving.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go out sometime? There are a few pubs in town I think you would like and wondered if-"
"I'm really busy... I got so much work going on and I'm trying to save money-"
"Hey listen, I'm not trying to push it I just thought... I thought we might have a connection and I would like to take you out for a drink in the village. It's a small local pub and I thought you could get a connection with the local brewery. You know, it could be a touristy connection. Plus they have a lot of ghost hunter types come through."