Rocky's Past Part 1

Rated M for graphic descriptions of violence.

Rocky woke up to Zuma shaking him again.

"Good morning, Wocky!" Zuma gushed, putting his paws down.

"Ugh, good morning Zuma." Rocky moaned, stretching from snout to paw.

"I bwought us some food, here," said Zuma, pushing a bowl of kibble towards Rocky.

"Thanks, Zuma." While Zuma and Rocky were eating, Zuma asked a question.

"Wocky, what are your nightmares about? Maybe they're twying to tell you something." Rocky stopped chewing and look at Zuma, then quickly looked at the ground.

"It's kinda personal, I've never told anyone about them, not even Ryder."

"No, no, it's fine you don't have to tell me," said Zuma, sounding a little hurt.

" No Zuma, it's time I told somepup, but you must promise me something."

"Anything."

"You can NEVER tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. It's too... painful."

"I swear on my life, I'd never betray your twust." Sighing, Rocky motioned from Zuma to lay down aside from him.

"Before I tell you about my nightmares, you need to know my history...

"Can we go to the pup park today? Can we, can we, can we?" I gushed pacing around the house. Rick, my owner, laughed.

"Of course we can Rocky. Just let me grab my hat." Rick walked to the closet and pulled out his baseball cap. "Okay, let's go." I shot out the door the moment it was open. "Whoa there! Wait for me silly pup," said Rick, laughing. The park was only a five-minute walk from where Rick and I lived. I loved going because I could play with other pups and share stories about our lives and such.

I especially loved playing tag with my best friend, Marcus. Marcus was a mix, like me, and looked so close to me one could mistake us for brothers. He acted like on too. He was always making sure I was fine, and he loved to play jokes on me. But I knew he loved me like the brother he never had. And I did too. He was my best friend...until I met you. The moment the gate was open, I ran around, trying to find Marcus while Rick talked with Marcus's owner, who was his best friend, John. I found Marcus talking to a collie, who he immediately left upon spotting me.

"Hi Rocky, wassup'?"

"Hi, Marcus! Wanna play tag?" I bubbled, tail wagging furiously.

"No."

"Oh," I said, looking dejected, tail drooping "Never mind."

"Psyche! You're it!" said Marcus, tagging me.

"Hey! You tricked me, no fair!" said I, joy springing back up into my heart.

"If you catch me I'll apologize!" Marcus then sprang away with me in hot pursuit

Marcus and I played for a whole hour before our owners said it was time to go.

"Bye, Marcus, see you later!"

"K, bye!"

Rick and I started towards home.

"You know what, why do we get a hot dog from Alex's hot dog stand. That would be really nice right now, doncha think?"

"Yeah, awesome idea!" I said enthusiastically.

When we arrived at Alex's hot dog stand, Rick got in line while I waited for him. Suddenly, I was picked up and stuffed in a bag. Just like that. I was on the ground one moment anticipating a treat, and the next I'm wondering who turned out the lights. I tried to bark, but a rag was shoved into my mouth. I was thrown into a truck (which I found out later) and was driven away. I spat the rag out, barking for all I was worth. "Help me, please somebody, anybody!" I was suddenly hit hard in the side.