Freedom

A loud explosion ripped the pups from sleep.

"What the hell just happened?" Zuma asked.

The wheels screeched as the train's brakes engaged. The pups were slammed into the side of the boxcar, hard.

"What's going on?" Skye screamed in terror.

"I don't know!" Rocky answered, wrenching the train door open. The train was riding over a large ocean, and it gleamed up under them. He looked at the train tracks ahead, and his heart rate increased. The tracks were...gone. And the train could not stop in time, time was working against them.

"The tracks are gone!" Marshall cried.

"I told you guys this was a stupid idea, but no! No one would listen to me!" Chase shouted.

"What are going to do?" Rubble cried. The brakes failed, and the car the pups were in came closer and closer to the break in the tracks, closer to the shimmering depths below them. The front of the train went over the chasm, and the back of the train quickly sped up to meet it.

"Come on, Rocky! You are supposed to be the most powerful thing in the world! Surely you can do something!" Marshall pleaded.

"I...I...I..." Rocky stammered. The speed of the plummeting train pressed the pups up against the wall of the boxcar.

"Can't you stop the train?" Skye asked.
"No! I never trained my powers to this level! Sometimes I can't even control them; they are shaky at best! And even at that, I can't stop a train speeding at 100 miles per hour!" Rocky replied.

"Oh great! You're going to get us all killed, Rocky!" Marcus shouted.

"How was I supposed to know..." Rocky began.

"This is all your fault! We are going to die!" Taja screamed.

"Hey, leave him alone! He didn't do anything but his best!" Zuma barked.

"Yeah, typical of you, Zuma! Always standing up for Rocky regardless of the circumstances." Chase said bitterly.

"If I don't who will?" Zuma retorted. "Not you! You don't seem to care for Wocky at all. Well, I've got news for you. I do care about Rocky, and you'd better watch what you say!"

"Guys stop arguing! We love each other!" Marshall cried. "This isn't how I want us to go out! Is this really how you want to die?" he asked, tears rolling down his face.
"No one is going to die!" Ryder shouted.

"Umm...Ryder, I don't think so..." Rocku murmured.

"What?" Ryder asked, looking at him.

"IThe chances of us surviving the crash are one in five million, three hundred six thousand and seventy-two!" Rocky shouted, doing the math quickly in his mind. "Of course that could change, due to changes in velocity, air pressure..." Rocky mumbled, losing himself in his thoughts for the probability of survival."

"Well, I just want you to know Rocky, that I blame you for all of this!" Chase barked at him. "Let that be your dying thought, how you betrayed all of us, and got us killed! I hate you!" Chase slapped him across the muzzle, claws extended, slicing a long gash down his ear.

"That's enough! You've gone too far!" Zuma snarled at him, before physically attacking him. Blood sprayed everywhere, as the two enraged pups went at it. Rocky watched in anguish. Then he heard a voice, that none of the other pups seemed to hear.