Fire In A Hospital

Rocky and Zuma were placed in the same bed in the hospital. They'd pretended to be unconscious the whole time. When they reached the hospital and 'came to', The team leader and all the pups cheered, then began talking all at once.

"Are you okay?" asked Skye.

"What happened?" asked Chase

"Why did you push me away?" asked Ryder. Zuma was about to say something when he heard a small voice in his head.

Leave this to me k?

Okay, Zuma thought back. Rocky raised a paw, and immediately there was silence in the room.

"When Zuma dove in the water, he managed to save me. But currents were too strong for him to control, the waves took us from one place to another. We barely managed to stay above water. We clung on to some driftwood we'd found floating past. Eventually, the storm ended and we were washed up on the beach."

"Well, thank goodness that you're safe," said Ryder scratching Zuma up under the neck. When he moved to Rocky, Rocky turned his head away, not wanting Ryder to find the amulet, still hidden up under his fur.

"What's wrong?" asked Ryder, perplexed.

"My neck got cut during our ordeal. It's getting better, but it still hurts to touch it." Ryder moved his hand away from his neck and scratched up under Rocky's ear.

"Yeah, right there..." panted Rocky.

"You two are such good pups!" said Ryder. "You could have died doing your job, but you two still did it anyway. I'm very proud of you. All of you!" said Ryder looking at all the pups.

"Thanks, Wyder..." responded Zuma.

"You pups get some sleep. Marshall will run a health diagnostic in the morning. Let's go pups." said Ryder, turning away, after one last scratch under the ear for Zuma and Rocky, who enjoyed it immensely.

"Bye, guys! See you tomorrow!" said Marshall.

"Bye!" Rocky and Zuma chorused, smirking at each other. When they'd gone, Rocky and Zuma smirked at each other.

"Well played, Rocky," said Zuma staring into Rocky's eyes.

"Thank you, it's a gift," Rocky said shyly, looking away.

"It's time for bed." said the kind nurse, walking into the room. She turned off the lights.

"Sleep tight, pups. And again, thanks for saving my uncle," she said, gently closing the door behind her.

"Isn't Sharon nice, Zuma?" Rocky asked, turning to face him.

"Yeah, she is," he said, "Just not as nice as you." Rocky blushed, eyes just barely flickering.

When Rocky looked at Zuma again, it occurred to him that Zuma had never looked away from him.

"What's wrong, buddy?" Rocky asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just thinking." Zuma said, hurriedly looking away. Zuma felt two small, furry paws wrap around him.

"Wh...what awe you doing?" Zuma said glancing in Rocky's direction.

"Snuggling with my best friend. Come on, loosen up a bit," he murmured, placing his head over Zuma's heart. "Besides, you know you want to."

Soon Rocky felt Zuma's slightly bigger paws wrapped around his waist and felt his chin rest on his head. "That's better," he mumbled. Rocky's eyes began to glow a little. Zuma's snout bent close to his, and Rocky looked into his eyes dreamily. He could feel Zuma's breath the closer he got to him. Is he trying to...no...he wouldn't... Rocky thought, turning his head away.