Outside The Law Part 1

AN: For anyone of you wondering, yes, I know the pup's tails are very short. But I need them to be longer, in multiple chapters of this story, so they will be. Ok, now ENJOY!

Rocky yawned and stretched groggily. He smacked his lips twice and licked his paws leisurely. He glanced over at Zuma, who was still out. Then the memories rushed back. Did I really just...last night was...real...? Or was it just a dream? Rocky though sadly curling his tail around his paws. This though really deeply hurt him. No, it couldn't have been a dream... it couldn't have... he thought slightly depressed. Great things like that don't happen to me at all! I've never felt so good before, If I just had a dream I'll...I'll...I'll... Rocky didn't know what he'd do. He looked at Zuma in anguish. Then he gently shook him awake.

"Wha...five more minutes..." he mumbled, rolling over. Rocky shook him a little harder.

"Zuma, wake up!" he said, in desperation. Zuma huffed and opened his eyes.

"What's wong? I'm trying to sleep hewe." He growled, a little upset.

"Sorry, but I have to ask...what do you remember of last night?" he said, searching Zuma's eyes for any sign of affection. He didn't see anything.
"Ugh, why awe you asking me this?" he asked groggily.

"Please, just answer me," said Rocky, hoping against hope that last night wasn't just a figment of his imagination, created by his subconscious mind.

"Marshall told us we had mastered Pup-fu, and he began teaching us Pupjitsu," he said, yawning.

"What happened that night?" said Rocky hope beginning to die down in his heart.

"You built me a new hovercraft, I decided to sleep with you, end of story. Now, why are you asking me this?" asked Zuma, sounding peeved. But Rocky wasn't listening.

"I thought, it was all so perfect, I had something and now it's gone..." he said, laying down with tears in his eyes. Stupid dream. You got my hopes up. He cursed himself, then he began to whimper. His eyes pressed against his head, and he curled himself into a ball.

"Are you sure that's everything?" he asked desperately.

"Well, I do remember one other thing," said Zuma, scratching his head.

"Yes?" asked Rocky, head shooting straight up. Zuma got very close to him, sending chills up Rocky's spine.

"I remember you feeling very sore after the training session, so of course I helped you out.

"And?" asked Rocky.

"That's everything, I think," said Zuma, whose voice had gone down to a husky whisper. Rocky closed his eyes in dismay. "Except this," said Zuma, wrapping his paws around him and kissed him softly. Rocky felt like he just took a deep breath after being trapped in a suffocating room. Rocky grabbed Zuma and kissed him back. The kiss was short, but it was very sweet. As soon as they broke apart, Rocky hit Zuma in the face very hard with his paw.

"OWW!" cried Zuma, holding one paw to his slapped cheek. "What was that for!"

"You know what you did!" said Rocky upset, a few tears in the corners of his eyes. "Don't play with me like that!" he said, huffing. A few tears rolled down his cheek. "I thought it wasn't real, that it was just a dream, and that I hadn't been made the luckiest mix in the world!" he said, turning away from him angrily. He was both sad, happy, and angry. He felt two paws slip around his back and hug him close.

"I'm sowwy." came Zuma's adorable apology. Rocky looked at him, tears still littering his eyes. Zuma could see conflicting emotions in them. Rocky wanted to both hug him fiercely and slap him again, then push him away.