Revelations

The pups ran to the elevator. Surprisingly, Marshall was the first one in, so everyone thought they were safe. They were wrong. Marshall couldn't stop in time, so he ran up the wall, did a backflip, and floored all the pups.

"Umm... it's a new pup-fu move I've been working on. It's called The Wipeout. Like it?" he said. All the pups laughed.

"Hey, was it just me, or did Wyder sound, off, when he called us?" asked Zuma.

"Yeah, I did notice that. I hope nothing is wrong..." said Chase.

As the elevator went up, it didn't stop at the locker room, it just kept going. This surprised the pups, who expected that they were needed for a mission. So Chase didn't even do the call-out when they got to the top. They just waited. Ryder turned to face the assembled pups.

"Pups, we have a serious threat facing us. At the scene of the fire, a letter was found by the police, who gave it to me. It is typewritten. And whoever typed it wrote it just today, because there's no way it could've survived the bombing." said Ryder, taking a deep breath.

"What's the letter say?" asked Rubble, apprehensively.

"It's addressed to... you, Rocky," said Ryder. "You have some explaining to do."

"Wha..." said Rocky, startled. Ryder passed him the paper. When Rocky read it the color drained from his face.

Rocky...how have you been lately? It began.

I've been trying to find you ever since you ran away. I never thought you'd skip town though. You would've done best to stay obscure, but no, being the stupid pup you are, you went and joined the Paw Patrol. By the way, how is Jessie doing? After you washed up on the beach, you made nationwide news. That's how I found you. I did some research on the 'Paw Patrol.', and lo and behold, I learned you'd joined a little bit after your escape.

Do you still remember Marcus? Yes, I still have him, and I've finally broken him. I convinced him you would never come back for him, and that he was worthless to you. Oh, you should've seen the look in his eyes when he finally gave in. How many years has it been...3 since you left? He does whatever I want him to now. I make him beg to be punished, and he willingly obeys. I forced him to repeat over and over again that he is worthless, and that you hate him. I know, maybe that was a little harsh, (it wasn't) but you and Jessie did this to him. If you had just come back, well, he wouldn't be in this condition.

And don't bother coming back to the first place you were held. After you escaped, I had to pack up and move somewhere else before the police got suspicious. So, if you turn yourself in, I'll decrease his punishment. But if you don't...(insert evil laugh here) you know I have my ways. I would sign here, but you already know who it is. Tell Jessie I said hi. It ended.

"No...no...no...it can't...be..." stuttered Rocky, pressing himself to the floor, ear flat against his skull. He placed his paws over his eyes and shook his head roughly. "I...escaped...how did he...no..no!"

Zuma read the letter, and his eyes grew hard, and he began growling.

"I'll kill him..." he muttered darkly, making all the pups wonder what was going on. When all the pups had read the letter, they sat down, shell-shocked. Rocky was murmuring incoherently, and Zuma was whispering something to him. When Skye read the letter, she took a step back, meeting Rocky's eye.

"No...no more... I can't take anymore! Marcus, I'm so sorry. Rocky, what are we going to do?!" she said, voice slowly raising higher in amplitude and intensity. "No, I won't go back! I'll never go back! You can't make me! You can't...you can't!" she screamed at Ryder. "I spent too many years trying to forget about this. I'll never go back! NEVER!" she screamed, running over to Rocky and assuming the same position he was in.