Chapter 16

I woke up, still in the hospital room. I sat up and on my right was another bed that Bella was in, on my left, Adrian sat in a chair, peacefully sleeping. My arm had a needle that connected to an IV drip next to me. The memories of last night flooded my brain and I frantically tried to take out the needle in my arm.

"Babe, what's wrong? Are you ok?" Adrian asked.

"Get this off, I don't need it." I helplessly tried to undo the tape on the needle.

"It's ok, it's ok, just wait for the doctors to come back in the morning."

"What happened after we got here last night? I can't remember a damn thing after they put me in this bed."

"The doctors took you and Bella for an X-Ray at another location and they found out that you broke a rib, you have to stay in bed for a couple of weeks but you will be ok and I'm not gonna leave you. Amazon, I'm so so sorry." He gripped his hair and rested his elbows on his knees, looking down at the floor in shame. He felt bad for what happened but I don't know why.

I lifted up the loose shirt, that i'm assuming is Adrian's, and stared at the bandages that were wrapped around my torso.

"Adrian, it's okay, I'm just glad you're here and that Bella is ok." I said, taking his hand in mine. I moved over so he could get in the bed with me. Once he was settled, I rested my head on his chest and drifted off to sleep.

♛♛♛♛♛

"Are you sure they will be okay Doctor?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

"Ma, they will be fine, they are in good hands. Besides, they know what will happen if they mess up." I heard Adrian reply in a passive aggressive tone at the end. Slowly and carefully, I sat up as much as I could and took in my surroundings.

"Good morning Amazon, how did you sleep?" A woman asked me in a soft voice.

"I slept ok, how's Bella?" I asked, looking over at Bella's bed.

"She'll be ok, you both will be. I'm sure you're aware, but you broke one of your left ribs, it's nothing to worry about, you will be as good as new in no time. Until then, try not to use your muscles, here, lie down and you can press this button if you want to sit up." She said, passing me a remote.

"Thank you, doctor...?"

"Nancy, doctor Nancy." She smiled at me. "I'm going now but I will be back in a few short hours to give you your meds and check in with you."

"Hey babe, how you feeling?" Adrian said after Nancy left. 'Babe' that word gives me butterflies when Adrian says it. Only when Adrian says it.

"I'm ok, what happened with Bella? Why isn't she awake?" I asked.

"She's just sleeping, she is very tired, she broke her arm and has a few bruises but she'll be awake soon and you can talk to her then, okay? Do you want anything?" He replied.

"Just one thing, can you bring me my phone so I can call Tasha?"

"About that, you're phone broke but I got you a new one, all of your contacts and stuff are still there, it's a good thing you had everything stored on the cloud." He handed me a red iPhone 13 and kissed me on the head. "I didn't know what colour you would want so I picked my favourite." He added.

♛♛♛♛♛

A few days passed by and not much happened, my brothers came and after the shock they told me about how mom and dad hired a nanny, assuming I wouldn't come back after everything that was revealed. Brody told me about basketball practice and how he missed us shooting hoops together even though I was horrible at it. Olly and Oscar told me about school, Olly still receiving straight A's and Oscar floating by with his grades but still kicking ass at sport. I didn't get a chance to talk to Xavier much because I wanted him to catch up with Bella and I knew he wanted that too. Tasha came and saw me every day after school with Stefano and Matteo and sometimes Adrian, when he went, always kicking the boys out for being too rowdy and 'annoying'.

"Hey sis," I saw Matteo enter the room.

"Hey, I didn't expect to see you, shouldn't you be at school?" He gave me a look that said 'i'm In the mafia, i'm sure I can miss one day of school without them saying something, not that they would say something anyway.'

"Can we have a minute to talk?" He asked me.

"Adrian, do you mind?" I said. Without further question, he got up, kissed my hand and left the room. "So what do you want to talk about?" I asked, directing my attention back to Matteo.

"Nothing actually, just wanted to see how you are, every time I come, I'm with Stefano and Tasha, I just thought it would be nice to be with my sis without all the distractions."

"I get that, I'm kind of sick of everyone constantly asking me how I am, it's just a broken rib, i'm not a vegetable."

"But you kind of look like one, not gonna lie." He grinned. I threw one of my pillows at him which he annoyingly caught.

"So, what's up?" I asked as he put the pillow back behind my head.

"I don't know I guess I was thinking a lot about what you did for me, turning down the throne for the mafia. It meant a lot. When my time comes to take over, I want you to be apart of it, if you want to of course."

"Of course I will always be here for you. Besides, with Adrian I don't think I have a choice anymore." I smiled, thinking about what it would be like if Adrian and I did end up together in the mafia. But then again, we might not.

"Speaking of Adrian, what's going on there? In all the years I've known him, he has never once acted the way he does around a girl. Did you put some sort of spell on him or something?"

"To be completely honest, I don't even know. Before him I never liked the idea of being with anyone, I didn't even believe in the idea of love, I always thought it was purely just a chemical reaction of the brain. But now, I don't know."

"I know, he likes you, like really likes you, trust me." Matteo smiled widely.

After Matteo left, Adrian walked back in with two take-out cups in his hands. "I got us milkshakes, here." He said, handing me one of the cups.

"Adrian, you know you don't have to stay here, go out with the boys or something i'll be fine, Bella's here anyway." Even though Bella was sleeping again I knew she would be awake soon.

"I don't want to be anywhere else, and I'm not going anywhere else until you tell me to." He replied, getting in the bed with me.

"What happened to the guys from the mall." I asked suddenly, it was a question I wondered for a while now but never had the nerve to ask. Adrian was silent as if making sure he chose his words carefully.

"Matteo and Stefano took care of them." He replied shortly.

"Oh." I said, knowing exactly what he meant.

"Amazon, they were Slytherins, they're evil, all of them. I did what had to be done, they messed with my family, they got what they deserve."

"No, I understand, it just feels weird knowing."

"What? That i'm a cold-blooded killer?"

"You know that's not what I meant."

"Look, Amazon, it's part of being in the mafia, we have to look out for our families, there are certain principles we follow, unspoken laws." He went quiet for a second and continued. "I haven't told you the complete story of myself and my family but once you get better, I'm gonna take you somewhere and i'll tell you every detail because whether or not we are together, you are part of this life."

His words struck a chord and I didn't realise how deep I am in this whole 'mafia' concept. It kind of scared me. He also said 'whether or not we are together' which made me think. Did he want to be with me?

A/N Chapeter 16 COMPLETE. Bella is alive everyone but I didn't have enough space to get a conversation between her and Amazon but I promise she is alive.

Also, I'm thinking of changing Amazon's name, should I do it or not?