Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

We sat on the beach for god knows how long and just talked. Talking to Adrian is easy, he's a good listener, I tell my problems and he tells me his. We are both holding back when talking about our past, especially him but I don't, or can't, expect him to tell me his whole life story.

"Do you want to go now?" Adrian said as we watched the sun disappear into the ocean's horizon.

"Yeah, let's go, can I sleep at your house tonight?" I asked.

"Anytime." Adrian smirked, I shoved him playfully on the shoulder. He stood up and grabbed my hands, pulling me up as well. With his strong force pulling up my small frame, naturally, I fell into his arms, literally. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me on the top of my head. I lifted my head, meeting my eyes with his. He looked down at me, placing one of his hands on my neck and running the other across my jaw. I stood on my tippy toes, grabbing hold of the collar of his shirt, pulling him down towards me. His face was now less than an inch near mine. I bit my lip, making him groan in frustration until he finally closed the distance between our faces, his lips now on mine.

His tongue grazed my bottom lip, asking for permission, I gave it to him, tilting my head back slightly. I ran my free hand through his hair, the other still gripping onto his collar. 

I pulled away first so I could catch my breath. Damn, that really just happened

"Ok, we can go now." I said to which he chuckled and intertwined our hands, walking us to the car.

Once we were settled, we drove off to Adrian's house.

✨✨✨✨✨

"Ma, we're home." Adrian called out when we were in the house. We walked to the kitchen once we had our shoes off. We were met by the lovely smell of Julia's cooking and Julia herself, pulling me into a tight embrace. Being here was like my childhood fantasies coming true, walking into a house that was filled with the aroma of a home cooked meal, being greeted by my mom hugging me and asking how my day was. All I wanted was for my mom to do those things, but unfortunately, she never did.

"It smells lovely in here, Julia." I complimented.

"Thank you dear, I assume you will be joining us for dinner?" She replied.

"Umm, if that's okay with you?" I blushed, embarrassed that I might be crossing a line.

Julia rolled her eyes at me. "Do you even have to ask, you are always welcome, I just hope my son here doesn't screw it up with you." She said. I looked at Adrian and tried my best to suppress my laughter. 

"Thanks ma, I can really feel your love for me." Adrian said, putting his hand on his chest where his heart is.

"Just keeping it real, figlio." She said, hugging him lovingly.

"We will just be in my room for a few minutes and we'll be back out." Adrian said, pulling me towards his room. He dug around in his drawers, pulling out a shirt.

"Pants or shorts?" He asked me.

"Shorts." I replied. He handed me his shirt and a pair of shorts that would probably go down to my knees.

"You can change in the bathroom, or out here." He smirked. I sauntered over to the bathroom, not shutting the door behind me completely. Once I was done, I walked out to see that Adrian had changed as well. He was now wearing a black t-shirt and grey tracksuit pants, much different compared to his usual button up business shirts and black jeans, not that I was complaining.

"Where's Bella?" I asked, ignoring Adrian drinking me in with his eyes.

"She's upstairs, I think, you can go see her if you want, I just need to do some work, I should be done in 20 minutes." I left Adrian to do his work which, i'm assuming, is involving the mafia, and went upstairs to Bella's room. I knocked on her door.

"Come in." She said from inside the room. I opened the door, she was sitting at her desk, typing away on her computer.

"Oh my god, Amazon!" She said excitedly, getting up. She was still dressed in her school uniform even though school was over 4 hours ago.

"You must be working hard, still in your uniform." I joked, she laughed and went to her drawers to get out clothes.

"Yeah, I was just writing an essay for english, it's due tomorrow but i've had all week and last week." She said.

"I think we can all relate to that, I probably have something due tomorrow as well." I smiled.

"I'm almost done, I just have one more paragraph to write, after that i'm free. Do you want to go to the salon? I've been dying to get my nails done but Adrian refuses to take me, worried he might lose his dignity."

"Of course i'll take you, I haven't had my nails done in a long time, and it'll be nice to catch up."

"Ok great, i'll just get changed, finish my essay and then we'll go, you can stay in here if you want, I don't mind, but i'm assuming you would prefer to be in my brother's room." She smirked darkly.

"I'll leave you to do your work in peace Bella, when you're ready, you know where to find me." I winked and left, closing the door behind me, I could hear Bella's laugh as I walked down the hall to the staircase.

"Adrian, do you know where my clothes are? Bella and I are going to the mall, is that ok?" I said, leaning on him as he sat at his desk. He turned around in his chair and pulled me onto his lap.

"Why are you asking me for permission?" He asked, drawing circles on my thigh.

"Because i'll need your car," I replied, running my hand through his soft, black curls.

He groaned as I played with his hair. "And I need a cold shower." He mutters, reaching over to his desk and handing me his car keys. 

"Thanks, we'll be back later. Oh, my clothes?"

"I just put them in the wash along with my stuff. Just borrow something from Bella's closet, she won't mind." 

"Ok, we shouldn't be long." As I went to get up, Adrian gripped my waist tighter, preventing me from leaving.

"Go out with me." He more demanded than asked.

"Sorry, I'm busy." I replied, smirking.

"Tomorrow, go out with me, on a real date."

"I'll think about it." I felt mean, but I wanted to make him work for it. He stood up, placing me on my feet. He grabbed my hand and kneeled on one knee.

"Amazon Quinn, will you make me the happiest man alive and go out with me tomorrow?" I tried to hold in my laughter but the attempt was futile.

"I would love to." I said. He grinned a genuine grin and took his place back at his desk chair.

A/N: These chapters are seriously getting too long and it's actually a problem but anyway, I tried to get rid of some parts but I just couldn't, I promise i'll try make the chapters shorter and more to the point. Also that part at the beach, I rewrote that shit so many times but it's not as good as I hoped it would be. Writing that stuff makes me nervous and wEiRd.

-J 💚