Chapter 4

"How dare you!"

It was Sunday morning and I had just finished a workout, walking into the kitchen I saw Brody sitting on one of the bar stools eating 'special K'.

"Morning sis,"

"Good morning Brody, up so early on a Sunday?" My brothers didn't sleep until 12 ever but they certainly weren't ever up at 7 am.

"Yeah, I umm- I couldn't sleep." He looked down at his bowl and moved around the cereal with his spoon mindlessly.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He took a deep breath, preparing himself to speak.

"I miss them, how come they are never around? I made the basketball team at school, I texted mom and dad both, no response, that was two days ago." He frowned.

"Brody I know they aren't around much but- wait. You made the basketball team?! Congratulations Brody that's awesome! But why didn't you tell me?" I was a little hurt that he didn't tell me, he had been practicing for weeks.

"Sorry, you're just always so busy with the twins and taking care of Xavier... I didn't want to bother you." He said quietly, almost a whisper. My heart dropped, had I really been that neglectful towards Brody? I felt awful, I'm his big sister, I should've known.

"I am so sorry, I din't realise I was being like that. I'm your older sister, you should be able to talk to me and I'm sorry if you felt like you couldn't. And about mom and dad, don't worry about them, hopefully they will be back soon. Until then you have me, you always will. I will never stop being proud of you. I love you." I hugged him tight.

"Ugghhh too much love, too much sentiment, I can't bear it! Get off me you smell like sweat!" He said in between laughs. I let go, smiling. "I'm sorry I din't talk to you, I should've, but I will next time, I promise."

"Thanks Brody, I'm gonna go take a shower now, anything else before I head up?"

"No, thanks sis, I think i'm just gonna go work out after eating breakfast. The brothers and I are going to finish that game we got a few months ago, when they wake up that is."

"Ok have fun, don't work out too hard ok?"

"Ha! Says you, I went down there before when you were working out, that poor punching bag." Yeah, he's back.

After taking a shower, getting dressed, brushing my teeth and doing my hair, I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling deep in thought when I heard a car pull up in the drive way. Looking out my bedroom window, I saw a black SUV. Unbelievable. I jogged downstairs to the front door.

"Hey Amazon,"

"Hey Amazon?! Where the hell were you guys, it's been 2 months!" I was filled with anger at the fact that my parents just showed up without calling or texting since they left and then they have the nerve to say 'Hey Amazon' like nothing happened. I understand it's their house but they didn't even bother checking up on their own children.

"Don't speak to us that way, we have news. Go get your brothers please and meet us in the living room." My father said. I scoffed and went upstairs to my brothers' room.

"Cover me Oscar!" Xavier yelled.

"On your right! On your right!" Oliver exclaimed.

"Hey, guys!" I yelled, so they could hear me through the headset, they all looked at me. "Mom and dad are home, they want us all in the living, they say they have 'big news'." I made air quotes at the last two words. They all jumped up from their gaming chairs and rushed down stairs excitedly, wish I felt the same.