Chapter 9

"Olly! They're shooting me! Help!" Brody screamed like his life depended on winning. So far we had played four rounds and it was two-all. Adrian and his friends were good, but so were my brothers so at this point it was any man's game.

"Hurry up, I wanna go in the pool already." Tasha whined.

"Almost done babe, almost done." Stefano said, wrapping his arm around her shoulders to which Tasha smiled. Bella and I looked at each other and giggled.

"Shut up." Tasha hissed playfully.

"BOOM!" Xavier yelled as he blew up Adrian in the game. "We win!"

"That's how we do it!" Oscar cheered as he high-fived Xavier, Oliver and Brody. They stood up and did a victory dance.

"Ok, alright, fine, you guys win, just stop dancing like that." Matteo joked.

"Ok, pool time!" Stefano said, bolting to the sliding door and out to the pool, everyone following. We all jumped in with a big splash, water going everywhere.

After a while, I got out of the pool and went inside to get drinks. (A/N: When I say 'drinks' I mean soda and juice, obvi.)

"Need help?" Adrian said as I put ice in the cooler.

"Holy shit, don't scare me like that." I said. I turned around, taking in our close proximity. My heart was beating fast. Water dripped down his abs that looked like they were personally sculpted by a greek god. Stop staring! I averted my gaze quickly.

"Yeah, I could use your help actually, can you go down the hall to the garage, first door on the left, and get sodas from the fridge? I just need to put ice in this and i'll be there." I said.

"Sure." He replied. After I finished putting the ice in the cooler, I went to the garage to see Adrian practically drooling over my dad's new red Tesla Roadster.

"How? They haven't even come out yet." He whispered softly, noticing my presence.

"My mom got it for my dad on his birthday, she's the CEO of Quinn banks, she closed a business deal with Elon Musk, who called in a favour." I said.

"Amazing." He marvelled, looking at the interior through the window.

"Come on, they're waiting." We walked over to the fridge and started packing cans of soda in the cooler.

"Who wants drinks?" I asked everyone.

✨✨✨✨✨

11:45

"That was fun." Oscar said. We all lay on the pool chairs, exhausted from all the swimming.

"Yeah, the best part was kicking the guys ass at call of duty." Xavier gloated.

"Oh please, we let you win." Stefano said.

"Yeah, I'm sure you did." Brody responded sarcastically.

I looked at Adrian who's eyes were fixed on me. He didn't look away. He had been pretty quiet all day, quieter than usual anyway. I wanted to ask him what's wrong but I wasn't sure how he would respond. Just leave it, maybe ask him tomorrow.

"We should go," Matteo said, breaking my train of thought.

"Yeah, it's getting late and i'm tired." Tasha said.

"Wanna sleep over?" I asked, she nodded in reply. "You can too Bells, if you want."

"Sure. If that's ok with Adrian." She looked at him.

"Yeah, I guess that's ok, but no funny business." He said, glaring at Xavier whom had his arm draped around Bella.

"Sir, yes sir!" He saluted, dropping his arm from Bella's shoulder. Adrian rolled his eyes. It seemed like he was mocking Adrian but knowing Xavier, he probably wasn't, Xavier is almost always serious and very respectful which is really all anyone can ask for.

"Do you want me to drop your school clothes off tomorrow morning, I can get mom to pack it." Adrian offered.

"Why? So you can have an excuse to come to Amazon's house and gawk at her some more?" Bella smirked.

"Oooooo" "Busted!" "Exposed!" Matteo, Stefano and Brody said one after the other.

"Why don't we just skip tomorrow?" I suggested averting the conversation. "Us three can have a girls day at the mall."

"OMG yes!" "That would be so fun!" Bella and Tasha said.

"Day off school? You don't gotta ask me twice." Brody said.

"Fine. But you guys have to stay with Adrian."

"What if I wanted to go to school?" Adrian said, I crossed my arms and looked at him like he was a blue alien. "Fine." He grumbled.

"Aww, thanks Adri." I smiled sweetly, using his sister's nickname for him.

"Sweet!" Oscar said.

"Wait I can't, I just remembered I have basketball practice straight after school." Brody said.

"Well, if you want, Adrian can just drop you off when practice starts, or you can go to school as well, if you want. Up to you." I replied, I didn't want him missing out on anything with his brothers, they never get to skip school for no reason.

"Ok I'll go after." He smiled.

Ok so, this chapter was really short because I honestly didn't know what else to write.

Big things coming up in this book, people are bouta get EXPOSED. Still figuring out the main plot but it will be good, trust the process <3

Love y'all and stay safe.

-J 💛