Chapter 11

ADRIAN'S POV

I looked at Amazon out of the corner of my eye as we drove to Dominic's house, the file tucked safely into my jacket. I didn't know when to give it to her or how to even tell her. 'Hey Amazon, your whole life is a lie, just thought i'd let you know', yeah i'm sure that will go over well.

I pulled up on the side of the road near a beach and got out of the car to Amazon's side. I put out my hand for her to take.

"Come with me for a minute." I said as she placed her hand in mine.

"Adrian what are we doing here?" She asked. "Is Matteo's father's house near here?"

"Yes just five more minutes driving, but I wanted to talk to you about something first."

"Ok," she trailed off cautiously. Amazon's hand still in mine, we walked along the beach, small waves crashing in the background. I couldn't help but think about her small, delicate hand in mine. What was this girl doing to me honestly?

"Amazon there is something I need to tell you that will change your life as you have come to know it."

"Ok Adrian, you're kind of worrying me."

"Arnold Johnson isn't your real father." I blurted out before I could stop my self. It was better to just rip off the bandage.

AMAZON'S POV

It went silent as I tried to wrap my head around what Adrian just said.

"Is this a joke?" I whispered shakily.

"I'm sorry it wasn't supposed to come out like that. But I have to tell you this now before we go to Matteo's house."

"Why?"

"This is gonna be hard to hear, but i'll start from the beginning, my dad is a mafia leader, and soon I will be taking over-"

"Wait are you trying to say that we are sib-"

"No, definitely not siblings."

"Oh, thank god." I said, Adrian gave me a weird look. "I meant thank god because I kind of, sort of, like you and it would be super weird if you were my brother because that's some Alabama type of shit." I rambled, Adrian smiled amusedly, that makes one of us.

"Back to my original point, Matteo's father is also a mafia leader, he and my dad are allies against another mafia called the 'Slytherins' you know what just look at this." Adrian pulled out a file from his jacket and handed it to me. Hesitantly, I took it and looked at it's contents.

"This can't be real, there is no way this is real, my father is Arnold Johnson, not Dominic Royale." I said, trying to make sense of all this, this can't be real, can it?

"Wait what are these bank transfers for?"

"Well, we think that Arnold has been working with the Slytherins, but we don't know what it is yet."

"Hold on, why do you have these files in the first place?" I questioned.

"I've never had any sort of emotional attachment to anyone in my life, I was brought up to not let emotions cloud my judgement, but then I met you. I don't know what it is but you make me want to be a better person. I've been set up by other mafia's before who were trying to have some control over my father's mafia, I just wanted to make sure that you, that this, was real." He put his hand on my cheek, my heart fluttered at his words but it also broke. My whole life is a lie, and my own mother knew, the whole time she knew Arnold wasn't my real father. How could she do this to me? I mean, Arnold never treated me badly, probably because he doesn't know but still, Dominic, apparently, is my real father, I feel like I should have had at least the right to know. But maybe there was a reason mom didn't tell me. Maybe Dominic isn't a good person. I have to keep an open mind, no matter how bat shit crazy all this is.